Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since becoming pregnant and having my son the sides of my chin have gone nuts, from my hormones being all over the place. Now I am mostly dealing with small whitehead bumps, some of which are flat, that sit on my face forever and then become inflamed and come to the surface, or rarely, dry up and flake off.

My question is, how do I get rid of them? I've been using Finacea for a week, but don't know if it works on clogged pores as I read conflicting reviews. My derm also gave me samples of Aczone to try for the hormonal issue, and the product website says it works on non-inflammatory acne, but according to my derm it won't do anything for my whiteheads and they will become inflamed and turn into cysts.

I have Tazorac, but i'm terrified of it. I've been thinking of doing the short contact therapy, but I would like to avoid the initial breakout. Also, if I do the short contact, do I apply my regular topicals after I wash the Taz off? Could I just spot treat the whiteheads I have with Tazorac, or would that not work?