Notifications
Clear all

What Concealer Do You Guys Use To Cover Acne + Red Marks?

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 03/11/2014 12:36 pm

I am looking for a high coverage concealer that won't break me out. Currently Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, which works satisfactorily.

What do you guys use to cover the blemishes and extreme redness?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 03/11/2014 1:33 pm

I use Smashbox Camera Ready concealer - it's a stick concealer which I generally prefer cause they're easier to use and apply. It's full coverage, in my opinion, and does a really good job of hiding my red marks. You can't even tell I have bad skin when I put it on. It's not the greatest though if you're trying to cover an actual bump because when you build on it, it just gets cakey real fast. The only downside is that because it's a stick concealer, sometimes I might "transfer" bacteria to another part of my face and get a pimple there if I'm just dabbing it directly from the stick to my face...but if you're careful it's usually ok :/

For redness I use Make Up For Ever's HD primer in green since it "cancels it out". And if there are prominent red marks I just go over them with an extra layer of primer. There's also MUFE'S Full Cover concealer which is a liquid one which is pretty good, but kind of pricey.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/16/2014 5:28 am

For huge red zits my go to concealer is mac studio fix. It really does give good coverage if you want to conceal acne.