Anybody Else Find.....

Notifications
Clear all

Anybody Else Find... (Aha Related)

MemberMember
(@lord_ant_warrior)

Posted : 03/11/2014 8:59 am

Does anybody else feel that the 10% AHA just doesn't cut it as far as exfoliation on it's own? For me it seems to slough that horrible BP-Created skin as it's supposed to alright, but tends to still leave it on the surface making my skin look dry and tired. The problem is that gentle cleansers are just pathetic at getting rid of that sitting sloughed skin.

I've just performed Cetaphil's recommended Sugar scrub (very gently of course) and my skin is looking better than it has done in about 3 weeks. I know manual exfoliation is a "forbidden" around here, but surely I'm not the only who who feels it might be a neccescary evil once a week perhaps?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/11/2014 9:57 am

the only way i exfoliate is with a glycolic acid toner. i rub the cotton ball all over my face (a few times after washing only in the evening) and it gets rid of all the dead skin. if i really feel the need to do a major exfoliation then i like the vivo per lei facial peeling because it is super gentle and not scrubby at all and the skin feels so nice and smooth afterward. i buy it on ebay though because its too expensive otherwise.

MemberMember
(@ceedice22)

Posted : 03/12/2014 2:50 pm

You can try the Alba brand exfoliation. It is a gel that has papaya and pinapple enzymes. It just peels up like elmers glue kind of bonds with your dry skin. U just have to rub very gently in circles. I can't even use the aha much because it burns my skin and irritates it.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:42 pm

the only way i exfoliate is with a glycolic acid toner. i rub the cotton ball all over my face (a few times after washing only in the evening) and it gets rid of all the dead skin. if i really feel the need to do a major exfoliation then i like the vivo per lei facial peeling because it is super gentle and not scrubby at all and the skin feels so nice and smooth afterward. i buy it on ebay though because its too expensive otherwise.

Where do you get the glycolic acid toner?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/12/2014 10:02 pm

I use the proactiv brand of toner its really good. I am sure other brands make a similar one as well. I get it off ebay its a lot cheaper

MemberMember
(@kck182)

Posted : 03/25/2014 12:27 am

I started using an exfoliating wash everyday and I am MUCH happier. I am about 3 months in.