Notifications
Clear all

8Th Day Of Accutane. No Flakiness

MemberMember
(@joey231)

Posted : 03/11/2014 2:46 am

Hello. This is my 8th day of Accutane and I still get no flakiness...in the morning my face is a bit oily..

Should I worry about it? Or it is normal since it is only the 8th day? I am taking 1 pill 20mg/day. Thank you

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 03/11/2014 10:15 am

You won't get it yet on the 8th day, especially on 20 m/g mate

MemberMember
(@tmccoy)

Posted : 03/11/2014 8:26 pm

I'm on 40mg and day 12 and haven't really been flaky either. I am moisturizing like crazy bc I don't wanna be flaky. I am extremely red and flush though. My checks and forehead are on fire.

I am really dry and tight after I wash my face and it feels really good bc I am always soooo oily. But I put lotion on and it feels greasy again. And I wake up in the morning with an oil slick. I'm sure the dryness will come soon.

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@mardracula)

Posted : 03/11/2014 11:09 pm

i am in the same boat as you. i have been on accutane for 2-3 weeks now, 60 mg a day & i havent been dry at all. no dry lips, no dry skin, no flaking, no thinning hair or mood swings, no side effects it seems like. im not sure if this means it's not working or i got lucky bc i know people who began peeling and flaking within the first twelve hours of taking accutane. were you on any medication before you started your accutane course? i started out on doxycycline before my accutane regimen so maybe thats the reason.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 03/12/2014 5:13 am

When I took Roaccutane for the first time I saw nothing until about month 3. I have never had thinning hair thankfully and no mood swings because of the drug (don't get yourself hung up on that because every time you're in a mood you'll blame the drug!)

My main problem was flushing and dry lips. The flushing is a pain but it's worth it in the long run