Jojoba Oil Effectiv...

Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil Effective For Flaky And Super Dry Skin?

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 03/10/2014 6:49 pm

So, I recently re-started the Regimen after stopping it cold turkey in October of last year (was on it for 5 years) to see if I had outgrown acne (26 yr. old male with no family history). Turns out I haven't outgrown acne and started breaking out in November of last year until January of this year.

I went back on the Regimen using the Acne.org products. Problem is I'm clear again BUT SUPER DRY.

Even with using AHA at night a few days per week, my skin is still FLAKY and TIGHT FEELING. I decided to stop the Regimen in the morning for a week and wait for my recently ordered Jojoba oil to arrive before going back to twice per day.

I use the full finger's length worth of BP twice per day on the Regimen.

Has anyone else had success with jojoba oil helping with extremely dry and flaky skin?

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 03/10/2014 7:21 pm

Yes, it does help dry skin. You should feel "refreshed" after leaving it on your skin for a few hours.

In case the jojoba oil will not work 100% for you, you could give coconut oil a try. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:28 am

In my experience jojoba oil is very soothing to dry irritated skin and can make a big difference.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/12/2014 10:31 pm

Jojoba oil is good for dryness. Don't use coconut oil, it is comedogenic and will make you break out more. I put a lot of jojoba oil with my moisturizer at night and wake up with a soft face instead of dry.

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 03/16/2014 2:48 pm

I'm happy to report that my recently ordered Acne.org jojoba oil has arrived and I used it today for the first time.

WOW! What a difference just 5 drops makes! My skin feels softer, hydrated and is not flaky at all. When I used to moisturize strictly with the Acne.org moisturizer and Neutrogena Clear Face with SPF30 my skin would be dry and literally flaking. It was definitely embarrassing.

Tonight I'm going to use 10 drops of jojoba oil with my Acne.org moisturizer to ensure my skin stays really hydrated.