Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Private Uk

MemberMember
(@furkick)

Posted : 03/10/2014 3:34 pm

Hi, I've had moderate acne since the age of 17. I'm nearly 22 and sick of it now, I've put off accutane for as long as I can and now think it is honestly the last resort. I keep getting large spots that take weeks to disappear and its getting me down.

My question is if I start the course privately in the UK with a derm, is it possible to transfer to the NHS once this has began to reduce costs? I don't mind spending but don't want to be broke due to my skin.

Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/10/2014 6:54 pm

Topic moved to prescription acne medications forum

MemberMember
(@peaches28)

Posted : 03/11/2014 6:56 pm

Hi Furkick yip you can do this this is exactly what I am doing just now, starting private with my derm while he waits for my NHS appointment to come up. I'm able to see the same derm whole way through as he does 4 days NHS and 1.5 private. Hope that helps and good luck :-)

MemberMember
(@steve0asdf)

Posted : 03/12/2014 11:29 am

Hi Furkick yip you can do this this is exactly what I am doing just now, starting private with my derm while he waits for my NHS appointment to come up. I'm able to see the same derm whole way through as he does 4 days NHS and 1.5 private. Hope that helps and good luck )

Hi,

Did you have to pay for the consultation only or the drug course as well?

Cheers,

Steve.

MemberMember
(@acnewackne)

Posted : 03/12/2014 3:02 pm

It is also possible just to wait for a NHS derm. I only had to wait 6 weeks from GP appointment to seeing the derm. It was annoying waiting but at least I've spent £0 on roaccutane :)