Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Breakthrough

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/09/2014 5:38 pm

my breakthrough

PEOPLE SAY DIET IS UNRELATED TO ACNE. ITS NOT FRIGGIN TRUE!!!!!!

-DAIRY can cause acne due to added hormones

-TOO MUCH CAFFEINATED DRINKS causes increased sebaceous gland activity, more sebum, more comedonal and pustule acne!

-Delayed food allergies are among the most common causes of acne. Foods like gluten, dairy, yeast, and eggs can be problems if you have a leaky gut.

list goes ON. seriously.

firstly i want to encourage everyone to please carefully evaluate their diet. im not saying eat fruits and veg 24/7 im saying eat WELL. also eat foods that are GOOD FOR THE LIVER AND KIDNEYS! i had an extremely bad incident were i nearly had liver failure. and i broke out like crazy after recovery because my liver wasn't in top condition. The liver performs many essential functions related to digestion, metabolism, immunity, and the storage of nutrients within the body. These functions make the liver a vital organ without which the tissues of the body would quickly die from lack of energy and nutrients. as soon as i started eating liver beneficial foods and ate well-spots were gone!

please take care of your bodies!

AND FOR HORMONAL ACNE:

licorice reduces testosterone levels. drank it one week before during an after my period (no more than that, excessive drinking of it leads to hypertension, high blood pressure). for people with severe acne i suggest 2 cups a day instead of one like me. i also only drank it for 5 days in a row, had a "day off" then would drink it for another 5 days. ive seen other people on here say similair things and IM SO GLAD I TRIED IT. for people with HORMONAL acne, this may help you!

VITAMIN D- some people get acne due to lack of sun exposure. i know that i got less breakout during the summer so started taking vitamin d. and guess what :D

omega-3 and 6-Omega-3s have been shown to control the production of leukotriene B4, a molecule that can increase sebum and cause inflammatory acne/ TAKE A SUPPLEMENT!

a lot of people take ZINC to help but while it inhibits DHT which causes acne, it also increase testosterone levels which can leads to overactive sebaceous glands. if when taking zinc your acne gets worse, SWITCH TO DRINKING LICORICE TEA. if you;re acne gets BETTER it means you have TOO LITTLE TESTOSTERONE/NOT ENOUGH ZINC TO COUNTERACT THE CORTISOL which is the hormone released from STRESS.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 03/09/2014 6:18 pm

i too agree a bond exists between food consumption and breakouts. I dont really suffer from breakouts much anymore (if i do its just a spot) - or like 2 weeks ago when i got folliculistis - but that was due to using moisturizer. And also suffer from rosacea..... but i actually think its self induced i just use water on my face and i havent had a pink face or any sort of irritation. Anyways back to the point, A year and a quarter ago i went to an allergist who tested me for ingredients/foods and the program ended up being very beneficial. I absorbed a great deal of information on diet and ingredients i have intolerance's to- which turned out to be a lot of thing. I am lactose intolerant as well- i can have a splash of 2& in my tea but the line is crossed there. I once had a latte..... ohh buddy i felt my insides were about to explode. I also cant have any type of citrus fruits, or apples, soy, bakers yeast(but i cheat because i gotta have cake), Oats (this really affects my body negatively) and the list goes on and on. I get sad looking at foods i cant have and wanting them so badly- but i learned to just live with it.

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/10/2014 1:42 pm

i too agree a bond exists between food consumption and breakouts. I dont really suffer from breakouts much anymore (if i do its just a spot) - or like 2 weeks ago when i got folliculistis - but that was due to using moisturizer. And also suffer from rosacea..... but i actually think its self induced i just use water on my face and i havent had a pink face or any sort of irritation. Anyways back to the point, A year and a quarter ago i went to an allergist who tested me for ingredients/foods and the program ended up being very beneficial. I absorbed a great deal of information on diet and ingredients i have intolerance's to- which turned out to be a lot of thing. I am lactose intolerant as well- i can have a splash of 2& in my tea but the line is crossed there. I once had a latte..... ohh buddy i felt my insides were about to explode. I also cant have any type of citrus fruits, or apples, soy, bakers yeast(but i cheat because i gotta have cake), Oats (this really affects my body negatively) and the list goes on and on. I get sad looking at foods i cant have and wanting them so badly- but i learned to just live with it.

i agree, ive been cutting down on diary but i find it so hard because i live in an indian household so a lot of our food and cooking can involve diary. i genuinely miss drinking milk :( but i drink rice milk instead and let myself have milk in my tea and on my pizza etc.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/17/2014 11:22 pm

AND FOR HORMONAL ACNE:

licorice reduces testosterone levels. drank it one week before during an after my period (no more than that, excessive drinking of it leads to hypertension, high blood pressure). for people with severe acne i suggest 2 cups a day instead of one like me. i also only drank it for 5 days in a row, had a "day off" then would drink it for another 5 days. ive seen other people on here say similair things and IM SO GLAD I TRIED IT. for people with HORMONAL acne, this may help you!

What kind of licorice do you recommend? Is it some kind of a liquid, do you have to dilute it with water, which licorice product exactly, etc.? Just give me all the details on what to get and how to use it.

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/18/2014 2:08 am

I cut out coffee months ago. I used to drink a cup of coffee with ice cream every night. After I stopped drinking coffee all the bumps on my chin went away. (and I used to get plenty of new ones every day). I now drink iced coffee every now and then but that's it.

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/18/2014 3:26 pm

On 3/18/2014 at 10:22 AM, cupcakejess said:
On 3/10/2014 at 4:38 AM, peanutcrunching said:

AND FOR HORMONAL ACNE:

What kind of licorice do you recommend? Is it some kind of a liquid, do you have to dilute it with water, which licorice product exactly, etc.? Just give me all the details on what to get and how to use it.

well i drink licorice tea one week before during and after my period, here're an examples of ones you can buy (but dont get it online get it at a supermarket): [Edited link out]

i also bought some licorice pellets, eat 2/3 of them sometimes when i've run out of the tea: [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@hatemost)

Posted : 03/19/2014 8:03 am

Do what is best for your skin since you yourself is the one WHO knows best your skin and how it reacts..

About foods and acne , yeah some food can cause break outs to some people, for example my brother is acne Free and eats a lot of junky food and i have never seen any pimple on his face, it's strange but different people different reactions.

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/21/2014 4:07 pm

Do what is best for your skin since you yourself is the one WHO knows best your skin and how it reacts..

About foods and acne , yeah some food can cause break outs to some people, for example my brother is acne Free and eats a lot of junky food and i have never seen any pimple on his face, it's strange but different people different reactions.

yes some acne definitely isn't food related it could just be due to hormonal fluctuations but these can be aided with food to help balance them out, although i entirely agree with what you're saying.

as for junk food, it doesnt cause acne at all.