Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LyraLyra

Glycolic Peel Before/after/during Regimen?

Hey!

I'm new, I have just bought the BIG KIT or acne.org's regime, complete with jojoba oil & AHA.

I have mild acne on my face, and severe acne on my back, I am also a picker so I have scars absolutely everywhere, all down my back all over my cheeks. I am currently on pack No.2 of dianette for my acne, I've seen no noticeable improvement, in fact it seems to have gotten worse? I follow no specific skin care routine at the moment, I am totally lost as to what to do with it, I have suffered for over a decade. (21yr old F)

ANYWAY:

My question is as follows, I want to get glycolic peels on my back and face for my scarring. I plan to use the regimen to keep me clear, not relying on the peels to take away my acne.

But I was wondering if it would be best to wait until my acne has cleared up whilst using the regimen before getting the peels/weather I could use it in conjunction with getting peels? Since I know that after peels you have 5-7 days downtime where your skin literally peels off, and whether or not I could still use the products whilst going through this downtime?

Ideally I'd like to go and get the peels done and then start using the regimen? Has anyone had any experience with this?