Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John457

Reassessing My Skin In 2014. What Next?

Hey guys, so I'm looking for some insight on what to try next with my skin (see my signature for everything I've tried in the past).

Has anyone had any success with coconut oil, bentonite clay, or fenugreek tea?

The only thing that has ever really given me longer (though temporary) relief was Doxycycline and then years later Solodyn. Both helped in controlling my acne for awhile but then my body presumably developed a resistance to the antibiotics and my skin got worse again. Since I have seen some mild success with antibiotics, however, I'm thinking of considering them again. The only thing that concerns me is killing the good bacteria in my body. I feel like when I was on Solodyn my stomach was more sensitive (and maybe still is). I've heard though that taking probiotics with antibiotics can help to counter act any harmful effects and that more dermatologists are now recommending this. Has anyone gone on antibiotics again or else taken probiotics and seen results?

I also started juicing, which I plan to keep up, but really want to attack my acne from multiple angles.

Look into niacinamide serum and zinc sunscreen. Everything except accutane is a band aid.