Notifications
Clear all

Zinc + Vita C & E Is A Good Combi?

MemberMember
(@tanmin)

Posted : 03/08/2014 8:17 pm

Hi guys so i am 3 months post-accutane and my skin is now clear but i still have pimple here and there also AC give me an uneven skin tone which look really weird , i wondering if i taking the zinc supplement together with Vit C & E help improve my skin smoother and acne ? if so how much should i take a day?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 03/08/2014 10:11 pm

Zinc is known to possibly help improve acne, Vitamin C will fight free radicals which can age your skin, and Vitamin E helps elasticity and can aid in fading acne scars (though some say it breaks them out, starting the pimple and scar cycle all over again).

Using Vitamin C & E topically rather than ingesting them would be more benefical if you're looking for skin benefits.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/09/2014 10:30 pm

This kind of question doesn't make much sense to me. If you have a shitty diet, a Vitamin C supplement won't make much of a difference. In my personal experience, and in reading the journeys of others on this board, the road to smooth skin comes from a consistent, nutritionally dense diet free of junk food and intolerances.

What does your diet look like? Are you getting most of your vitamins and minerals from fresh, whole foods?