Notifications
Clear all

Just Starting Aknemycin

MemberMember
(@liam3001)

Posted : 03/08/2014 8:38 am

Hi I've started using Aknemycin (today) so I thought I'd make a thread and update with my progress.

The solution contains erythromycin 4% and tretinoin 0.25% and comes in a 25ml bottle with an applicator pad which is activated when pressed down onto the skin. Its the first time I've used this product so I'm not sure how long it will take to have an affect, if any! I'll use it for a month and give it time to see if any beneficial affects will come from using it.

I applied it this morning after using my usual moisturiser, it stung for a while and it has made my skin look slightly red. My skin doesn't seem quite as oily as it would be by this time of day, so that's a positive right away.

I'll keep using it and post my findings in here during the course of treatment. Hopefully it will help my acne, got my fingers and toes crossed! :/

MemberMember
(@liam3001)

Posted : 03/11/2014 6:00 am

Into my 3rd day now using the Aknemycin, my skin is quite dry and flaky in places but it seems to be doing a half decent job of drying up the spots I had and there is a few new ones forming but this could be the initial purging and it may get worse before it gets better (hopefully) which is common with such teatments.

It's easy to apply with good control over how much solution gets dispensed, it stings for a few minutes after application but doesn't last long before calming down.