Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jarcharles

Anyone Else Have This?

I'm just really really curious if anyone else had the same condition as me. From about age 21-24 I used to get cystic nodules on the back of my head, right on the hairline. Didnt get them anywhere else on my body. I had mild acne on my face, but nothing crazy. My back of head condition was so bizarre, I made sure to look at the back of everyone elses head to see if anyone else had this. Never saw anyone else with it. I would commonly have one active cyst in the area at any given time. The thing would have a long cycle, would take about 2 weeks start to finish. Then I'd be good for a few days, until I feel a new one start up. They would get pretty big, someone once asked if i got bit by a mosquito, because thats basically what it looked like, a big mosquito bite. Eventually it would come to a head, drain, and start to heal.

Absolutely nothing I did had any effect. I washed twice a day, changed my pillow cases every single night, used anti bacterial soaps, took bleach baths, and bought every skincare product on planet earth. It stressed me out quite a bit, had to grow my hair a little longer to cover the area, wore hoodies alot, etc. It kinda wrecked my life for a few years. It was accutane that finally put it to rest. Its been quite a while since I had a cyst, but I still think about it often.