Burning Is Normal R...

Notifications
Clear all

Burning Is Normal Right? But Like This?

MemberMember
(@lookslikeantbites)

Posted : 03/07/2014 1:01 pm

I know everyone starting The Regimen has burning/itching issues but the feeling usually subsides after a few minutes. With me the burning continues all day and disrupts my sleep at night. My skin feels really stiff and rough to the touch. Is this normal or am I allergic?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/07/2014 1:14 pm

are you using moisturizer? if not go get some good stuff i love olay regenerist deep hydration cream or the olay restorative sleep cream. both of them will make your skin feel nice and normal again. no other lotion has worked well with using bp like that. i have tried so many different moisturizers (even the super expensive ones) and they dont do a thing. my face would burn, peel and sting like i had a bad sunburn. i get most products off ebay because they are so much cheaper than the store. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/07/2014 1:25 pm

Maybe you are using too much bp? You need to start gradually and work up to the full amount over a couple of weeks. Cut back to using less or only once a day for now and see if it helps.

I agree you need a good moisturizer and use it liberally. Some tingling is expected but you shouldn't feel like you have a burn.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 5:36 pm

I know everyone starting The Regimen has burning/itching issues but the feeling usually subsides after a few minutes. With me the burning continues all day and disrupts my sleep at night. My skin feels really stiff and rough to the touch. Is this normal or am I allergic?

Possible allergy. Do or did you have any hive-like lesions with it?

Patch test on the wrist or elbow and wait 24-48 hours for a reaction.

MemberMember
(@lookslikeantbites)

Posted : 03/07/2014 10:51 pm

Tracy521,

I am using the moisturizer that comes with the kit. The yellow one that smells like bananas and contains jojoba oil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope7,

I'm only using enough BP to just cover the skin. And only once per day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michelle Reece,

I have not noticed any reaction except redness, stinging, skin feeling "tight". PS: Wow look! It's the rare female gamer species! Sorry couldn't resist. L0L

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 10:58 pm

Tracy521,

I am using the moisturizer that comes with the kit. The yellow one that smells like bananas and contains jojoba oil.

Hope7,

I'm only using enough BP to just cover the skin. And only once per day.

Michelle Reece,

I have not noticed any reaction except redness, stinging, skin feeling "tight". PS: Wow look! It's the rare female gamer species! Sorry couldn't resist. L0L

How much are you using?

Oh, female gamers are around, all right. They're either hiding or they want their turn on the computers or PlayStations but their boyfriends, husbands, brothers, or fathers don't want to. xD

MemberMember
(@lookslikeantbites)

Posted : 03/08/2014 11:58 am

Michelle Reese,

Like I said to Hope7, I'm only using enough Benzyl Peroxide to cover. I don't put it on thick or anything, and only once per day.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/08/2014 12:19 pm

Its probably the moisturizer thats not doing the job with the right one your skin wont be red or sting. Go to ulta or sephora and buy a few different ones and see what works best for you. You can return whatever you dont like. I recommended the olay deep hydration cream because its very calming and will soothe your skin. It will take the redness away in a few days at the most. Good luck!