Notifications
Clear all

My Scaraway Experience

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/07/2014 6:15 am

Well I just got my ScarAway sheets today and cut one up and stuck it on straight away. As each week goes by Ill give updates. I wanted to post this because I have yet to see a proper review of it by an asian, and this is important for any dark skinned people using it as it affects different skin tones differently, and may affect the overall result.

The scar is half an inch, very dark brown and slightly raised on my nose. It is VERY noticable. There is a deep closed comedone underneath it that I will be trying to get rid of with epiduo during the spring holiday (giving me three whole weeks to hide from the world and focus on my skin) I thought Id start the sheets straight away as the scar will still be there regardless of when I start trying to purge the comedone underneath.

Can I just say that I think these sheets will last me 6 months or more because I can cut them up and place them on the scar without using even a quarter of one sheet. It's also important to keep it on as much as possible, clean it once a day WITH SOAP and letting it dry before putting it back on. To those struggling with it staying on, I use micropore tape (which is breathable and stick a strip of it on either side of the sheet so it doesnt move while not completely covering it and making the sheets breathability uneffective.

I hyperpigment very easily and my marks are always a dark brown colour, taking up to 8 months or a year to fade (vigilant sun protection and vitamin c/licorice application greatly speed up the process by atleast a month or so) I currently slap makeup on everyday to cover them because they're so noticable and on my nose, meaning I now am afraid of sleepovers, holidays and any social event lasting longer than 12 hours. The scar that im treating with ScarAway however is a REAL SCAR (makes me sad as its so dark and i thought once my hyperpigmentation was gone i could go makeup free) I wanted to ask if anyone has had any sort of treatment for hyperpigmented hypertrophic nose scars before and what the outcome was? Ill probably be looking into it in a few months time.

ILL BE POSTING MORE PICTURES SOON AND UPDATING WEEK BY WEEK, MAYBE SOONER IF I SEE ANY RESULTS.

post-379743-0-72201300-1394190810.png

post-379743-0-65871100-1394190815.png

post-379743-0-46902700-1394190819.png

post-379743-0-72201300-1394190810.png

post-379743-0-65871100-1394190815.png

post-379743-0-46902700-1394190819.png

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/08/2014 6:31 am

Okay so its been on for 9 and a half hours (i put it on a bit late at 2am at night, will be putting it on at 9 everyday from now on)

it says it needs to be on for a minimum of 12 hours a day. MINIMUM. so putting it on for ONLY 12 hours wont help much. also make sur you wash it EVER DAY. washing it helps maintain the silicones moisture (as it says on the packet) also before putting it on if you want to moisturise do it atleast 15 minutes before application because the greasiness of creams can make it come off. as you can see i have two thin pieces of tape helping it stay on. these are MICROPORE TAPES. we only have them because my mum had an operation for her nasal canal and was given it by the hospital, however theyre pretty cheap to buy anyway. ive included a picture of the ScarAway and a links to different branded MicroPore tape.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-Micropore-Tape-2-5cm-9-1m/dp/B003L876XM

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharmaceuticals-Microporous-Surgical-Tape-5cm-x-5m_1121257/

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255907891

post-379743-0-79849600-1394278169.png

post-379743-0-79849600-1394278169.png

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/09/2014 3:10 pm

scars already flattening! i couldnt even put makeup on it without it being more noticable but wow, already a significant improvement! skin on the scar was dry though so some skin came off. ill gently exfoliate and let it be for 6 hours before continuing with the scaraway sheets since it says not to put it on open wounds (mine isnt open, but just in case)

it softened it really well, and i think if people are also putting makeup on their scars this will be an added benefit! ill take pictures in the morning xx

if anyone else has used scaraway could you post on here?? its great to read how everyones getting on.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 03/10/2014 1:42 am

how long are u wearing the scaraway each day? I wanna wear one for a nickel-sized scar on my nose but i have very sensitive skin. i am afraid the scaraway would leave me a scar/red mark

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/10/2014 1:37 pm

how long are u wearing the scaraway each day? I wanna wear one for a nickel-sized scar on my nose but i have very sensitive skin. i am afraid the scaraway would leave me a scar/red mark

hi, on the first day i wore it for 23 hours, on the second around 12 hours (because i had guests over i had to keep it off)

because im in college i can only wear in when i get home so on week days around 12/13 hours. i guess you should try to keep it on for as long as possible during the weekends for it to be beneficial dont wear it for more than 23 hours though, thats the maximum stated amount

if your scar is VERY raised it will take longer to flatten it. mine was only slightly raised but it was extremely visible because of where it's located and because of how the scar tissue is so shiny. scaraway will be really beneficial for you if your scar isnt hyperpigmented like mine and is just red.

because your scars red i suggest putting turmeric mixed with water on it as it reduces inflammation :) it works

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 03/11/2014 11:06 am

do u thing it would work if i used it about 8 hrs a day? would it just take longer to work or not work at all

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/11/2014 1:57 pm

do u thing it would work if i used it about 8 hrs a day? would it just take longer to work or not work at all

honestly i dont think 8 hours a day is enough :/ 12 hours is definitely the minimum, especially because yours sounds big for a scar it probably needs more time? also its fine on sensitive skin

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 03/15/2014 12:29 pm

scar has definitely flattened but because it's scar tissue its still bothering me a lot as the texture of it makes it hard to appy makeup to it and the dark colour is hard to cover up. anyone got any tips?

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 04/05/2014 6:16 pm

The scar itself has flattened and the normal skin surrounding the scar tissue has lightened considerably. the scar tissue itself is still dark (predictably) but i always have sunscreen on everyday so it hasnt got darker than before. currently i put vitamin c and licorice on it, and use scaraway every other day (have been using it less because i want my skin to breathe a bit more). i dont normally have blackheads but because my current regime focuses more on correcting than cleansing ive got a few blackheads on my nose (as you can see) so i'll be steaming my face tomorrow to tackle that. i havnt had any whiteheads at all since january, and i think thats down to the tetracycline and thr licorice ive been consuming. licorice balances testosterone in the system, which helps with hormonal breakouts around the month (not just on periods.) if people have hormonal induced acne, i sggest you drink two cups of licorice tea a day for 3 weeks (then have a break) then drink it for three weeks etc. ive done hours of research into licorice, and i having seen the difference since i started having it, i can safely and accuretly say that it works (for me )

MemberMember
(@smokeyb)

Posted : 04/05/2014 8:16 pm

Holy crap wow!

MemberMember
(@jd1997)

Posted : 04/12/2014 5:58 am

Hello, I'm beginning the scaraway treatment today to try and reduce the appearance of hypertrophic scars on my nose. Do you have any tips on how to keep the sheet on the nose during sleep. I wore it during sleep for 10 hours but when I woke up, it was stuck on my pillow :(