Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide With Clindamycin/tretinoin

MemberMember
(@grandrest)

Posted : 03/06/2014 8:44 pm

Hello everyone. I just recently started suffering with acne like a couple months ago. I started trying many regimens like benzoyl peroxide and salyctic acid. Nothing really helped. I went to the doctor and he told me to go on Clindamycin/Tretinoin (Veltin) and he said it would be okay to use benzoyl peroxide with it. He said that it should take about 2 months to see the full effect. I haven't seen any major improvements because I'm still breaking out more than ever. Is this normal?

Now my routine is:

Morning:

Regular energizing Clean & Clear facewash

Benzoyl peroxide

Nighttime:

Regular nighttime Clean & Clear facewash

Clindamcyin/Tretinoin

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:20 am

Hello everyone. I just recently started suffering with acne like a couple months ago. I started trying many regimens like benzoyl peroxide and salyctic acid. Nothing really helped. I went to the doctor and he told me to go on Clindamycin/Tretinoin (Veltin) and he said it would be okay to use benzoyl peroxide with it. He said that it should take about 2 months to see the full effect. I haven't seen any major improvements because I'm still breaking out more than ever. Is this normal?

Now my routine is:

Morning:

Regular energizing Clean & Clear facewash

Benzoyl peroxide

Nighttime:

Regular nighttime Clean & Clear facewash

Clindamcyin/Tretinoin

Wait another month or two and see how it goes. I'm assuming you haven't applied it every night from the beginning.

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/07/2014 2:51 pm

Keep it up for a bit longer. Things usually get worse before they get better.

MemberMember
(@jarcharles)

Posted : 03/07/2014 7:49 pm

Yeah thats all anyone ever tells you with acne, is just keep waiting. The BP and clindamycin are supposed to be a real good combo. Drink a gallon of water every day.

MemberMember
(@grandrest)

Posted : 03/07/2014 10:15 pm

And does Tretinoin/Clindamycin work long term or do I have to keep having to use it every night after things clear up?

MemberMember
(@laurapalmer)

Posted : 03/13/2014 11:25 pm

Typically, the clindamyacin will stop working after a few months, but by then your skin should be used to the retin a and you won't need the clindamyacin. Be careful not to use BP at least 8 hours within the time you use retin a. They don't mix well. If I were you, I would switch out the BP for tea tree oil, but if the BP is working, stick with it! Also retin a takes a really long time to start working, and it may get worse before it gets better.