Notifications
Clear all

Pregnant And Afraid Child Is Scared Of Me.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 03/06/2014 3:28 pm

Hey guys, i want to share my struggle... I am 31 years old and i have my boyfriend for like 5 years now. I have friends, Nice people to work with @ my daily job. What is the problem then i hear you all think. Well, my problem is my scarring on both cheeks. Right now i am pregnant with our first child and lately i have the depressive thought that our child is scared of me because of my scarring. I hate this thought and IT makes me sad... :(

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 3:48 pm

Hey guys, i want to share my struggle... I am 31 years old and i have my boyfriend for like 5 years now. I have friends, Nice people to work with @ my daily job. What is the problem then i hear you all think. Well, my problem is my scarring on both cheeks. Right now i am pregnant with our first child and lately i have the depressive thought that our child is scared of me because of my scarring. I hate this thought and IT makes me sad...

Congratulations with your pregnancy! 🙂

I really doubt your child will be scared, because it's a "normal feature" on your face if he/she sees it constantly.

MemberMember
(@senoritastephie)

Posted : 03/07/2014 11:11 pm

I have scarring (the indented kinds) all over my cheeks, forehead, chin....actually just everywhere there could be a scar, hahaha :D Never scared a kid yet. Most kids think I'm their mother :/ (seriously, I have at least a child a day, when I'm out, come running up to me screaming "Mom" then they get scared because they realize I'm not their mother, poor kids, not because of my scarring). Kind of makes me feel old :X Though that's the truth, most of my friends' kids love me and aren't scared or think I'm weird because of them. None of them have ever asked me about them either. They may when they're older, but probably more out of curiousity. Who knows. Haven't gotten to that yet.

Congrats on the pregnancy! And your child will love you because of you not your scars.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 03/10/2014 7:17 pm

Hey lady, I know how you feel. I have a 19 month old girl and scarring around my chin. It has impacted me so much that I have decided not to have another child. Feel free to message me if you ever want to chat.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/11/2014 5:25 am

Hey guys, i want to share my struggle... I am 31 years old and i have my boyfriend for like 5 years now. I have friends, Nice people to work with @ my daily job. What is the problem then i hear you all think. Well, my problem is my scarring on both cheeks. Right now i am pregnant with our first child and lately i have the depressive thought that our child is scared of me because of my scarring. I hate this thought and IT makes me sad...

Are other people scared of you?

MemberMember
(@triplen)

Posted : 03/22/2014 1:11 am

Your child will be your baby, and he or she will love you more than anything in the world. Do not worry whatsoever. Your face will be one of the first things he or she sees and they will not know any differently. Congrats and good luck :)