Notifications
Clear all

How To Repair Extremely Damaged Skin ? 🙁

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 03/06/2014 11:22 am

I could write an entire essay here on how awful my skin is but I'll get straight to the point ...

When I was younger (from the age of 11 up until 18) I used to plaster every cleanser, moisturiser and acne treatment on my face that anyone possibly could. All of these products were full of awful ingredients like alcohol, perfume, dyes, SLS , etc etc. (I think its the alcohol that's done the most damage). I did all this for 8 years. Every day. All day.

And now I'm stuck with a face that closely resembles a baboons rear end.

Its severely dry.

Red and very flushed looking.

It has a burning sensation and is hot to the touch.

Is very VERY sensitive . I mean VERY. I can't use even the mildest things like aloe vera or Vaseline. My face is allergic to tap water. If I touch it with my finger, I get a itchy raised bump where my finger was.

My pores are huge . I'm guessing those have come from really picking my face when I was younger. Digging in with my nails . And using the wrong products.

Very itchy !! Very patchy looking too. Like little white and pink patches all over my face.

Its been this way for 6 years now. Is there ANY chance of it ever returning to normal ??

Can anyone advise me on what I can do to possibly heal it ?

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 03/06/2014 12:54 pm

I find it normal for the skin to be "allergic" to tap water since depending on the area you live in it can contain chlorine and fluoride. You could replace it with still water if you feel the need to wash your face. I got used already to the idea that my skin will always get red after washing it, so don't let this bring you down either.

I guess your skin should go through a "recovery period", in which you won't use any creams with acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol or anything harsh, nonnatural. Try applying coconut oil overnight or during the day when you know you will be staying in for at least 2 hours. Also, you could try supplementing with zinc and cod liver oil. These two have worked for me when I was going through your skins' current phase.

Did I forget to mention how important water is? :) 2 litres/day please!

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/07/2014 3:23 pm

I've had dry, sensitive skin my whole acne life. Jojoba oil is the only thing that's actually worked for me. Ever since my skin has actually been moisturized properly, my acne has improved. Hydration is key! :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 4:01 pm

I could write an entire essay here on how awful my skin is but I'll get straight to the point ...

When I was younger (from the age of 11 up until 18) I used to plaster every cleanser, moisturiser and acne treatment on my face that anyone possibly could. All of these products were full of awful ingredients like alcohol, perfume, dyes, SLS , etc etc. (I think its the alcohol that's done the most damage). I did all this for 8 years. Every day. All day.

Its severely dry.

Is very VERY sensitive . I mean VERY. I can't use even the mildest things like aloe vera or Vaseline. My face is allergic to tap water. If I touch it with my finger, I get a itchy raised bump where my finger was.

My pores are huge . I'm guessing those have come from really picking my face when I was younger. Digging in with my nails . And using the wrong products.

Very itchy !! Very patchy looking too. Like little white and pink patches all over my face.

Its been this way for 6 years now. Is there ANY chance of it ever returning to normal ??

It's possible you have rosacea, sebborhoeic dermatitis, or eczema with a combination of sun damage.

There's a chance of it returning to normal, but you should see a dermatologist.

Would you post a picture if you don't mind?

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 03/12/2014 11:29 am

I find it normal for the skin to be "allergic" to tap water since depending on the area you live in it can contain chlorine and fluoride. You could replace it with still water if you feel the need to wash your face. I got used already to the idea that my skin will always get red after washing it, so don't let this bring you down either.

I guess your skin should go through a "recovery period", in which you won't use any creams with acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol or anything harsh, nonnatural. Try applying coconut oil overnight or during the day when you know you will be staying in for at least 2 hours. Also, you could try supplementing with zinc and cod liver oil. These two have worked for me when I was going through your skins' current phase.

Did I forget to mention how important water is? 2 litres/day please!

Thanks for your reply !

I'm hoping this recovery period will happen sharpish because it's been six whole years now and no sign of any healing :( It's very disheartening because I'm sure something would have happened by now.

I've never used AHA's or BP or anything and I definitely can't or won't now, that's for sure ! I've used organic skincare for years. I use a very mild organic face wash once every 2 days (Once or twice a day is too drying because my face produces literally ZERO oil).

I'm allergic to coconut oil Any oil infact (this is also very bizarre because I've never heard of anyone being allergic to using mild oils neat on their skin. Even jojoba is a huge problem. I think my face has become allergic to a component in all the oils but I'm not sure. I do use an organic face cream though.

I drink about 3 ltrs of bottled water a day. I take zinc. Evening primrose and cod liver oils. And a multivitamin each day. I have a good diet too. Very little sugar, dairy, fats, refined foods, salt, takeaways etc.

I really am kind to my body these days but I'm not getting much back from it !!

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 03/12/2014 11:45 am

I've had dry, sensitive skin my whole acne life. Jojoba oil is the only thing that's actually worked for me. Ever since my skin has actually been moisturized properly, my acne has improved. Hydration is key!

Unfortunately I'm allergic to jojoba ! Which is so annoying because it seems like the perfect oil. But the reaction was so bad when I used it that I had to be hospitalized.

I'm glad it works for you though !

MemberMember
(@whattobehandsome30)

Posted : 03/12/2014 1:27 pm

Its severely dry.

Its severely dry.

Your face sure as hell doe not ! resemble a baboons rear end as you put it But i think the best thing is keep doing what you're doing ... eat well lots of vitamin c , d , a ,e wholemeal , zinc .... be positive and happy ... and go and see a top end dermatologist ..... always be good to yourself .... also maybe a gentle natural moistuiser for sensitive skin ... which to me that's what you have ..... frankly i could only dream of having skin like yours ... i don't see anything wrong ... do you take any medication ?.

MemberMember
(@christinamolly)

Posted : 04/14/2014 6:59 am

I want to share one of my experience which I was already faced. When I became 32, I feel and saw wrinkles under my eyes and also around my chin. I am not able to express my expressions at that point of time. I tried many home remedies, serums, creams etc. But my skin not improved, day by day it gets damaged. Atlast, some of my friend told me to use ZOOTOX which is the anti aging product that helps me in removing my wrinkles and fine lines. I really thankful to ZOOTOX!