Notifications
Clear all

Need New Moisturizer. Please Help!

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/06/2014 2:56 am

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 15 for the morning as part of the regimen. I've noticed it's too oily, greasy, and shiny looking for my combination skin, so I need something else, but I just don't know what to get! I've been thinking about the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 because reviews say it has no shine, and leaves a smooth matte finish, which sounds perfect, but it sounds more like just sunblock than moisturizer, and I need both because my skin is very dry and flaky from the mouth down so I need to moisturize, but I also need protection from the suns rays, and very very importantly- it can't be oily or leave skin shiny! Please help me, I don't know what to do or where to look anymore. Please!!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 3:20 am

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 15 for the morning as part of the regimen. I've noticed it's too oily, greasy, and shiny looking for my combination skin, so I need something else, but I just don't know what to get! I've been thinking about the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 because reviews say it has no shine, and leaves a smooth matte finish, which sounds perfect, but it sounds more like just sunblock than moisturizer, and I need both because my skin is very dry and flaky from the mouth down so I need to moisturize, but I also need protection from the suns rays, and very very importantly- it can't be oily or leave skin shiny! Please help me, I don't know what to do or where to look anymore. Please!!

No need to panic. 😉

First, how much treatments or BP are you using?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/06/2014 10:03 am

No need to panic. 😉

Twice a day. About one pump; too much will make me extremely dry and just make my face worse.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 3:25 pm

No need to panic.

Twice a day. About one pump; too much will make me extremely dry and just make my face worse.

Cut down on the dosage and/or frequency. Use half the amount and see how that works.

Do you have any other moisturizer on hand?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/06/2014 7:46 pm

No need to panic. wink.png

Cut down on the dosage and/or frequency. Use half the amount and see how that works.

The BP isn't the problem here, its moisturizer. I need a new moisturizer that is not greasy or will make my skin look all oily and shiny. I need that trait in both a regular moisturizer and mainly with one that has SPF.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:34 am

No need to panic. wink.png

The BP isn't the problem here, its moisturizer. I need a new moisturizer that is not greasy or will make my skin look all oily and shiny. I need that trait in both a regular moisturizer and mainly with one that has SPF.

Can you get EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 or the Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen SPF 30+ for sensitive skin?