Oiliness And Rednes...

Notifications
Clear all

Oiliness And Redness On The Face

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/05/2014 10:00 pm

I have combination oily skin. I hate it when a couple of hours after I wash my face, I get red-faced and oily. It's not as bad as it used to be, back when I didn't do anything to make my face clearer. I thought that when I become clear, I won't have a red, oily face but I still do. When I wear foundation, it helps me not get red and it keeps me from becoming oily, but I don't want to wear foundation for the rest of my life, just while I have acne. Is there anything, like a toner or something, that can keep me from getting oily and red? I am willing to try anything that is safe and can help me not get red sand oily on the face.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 1:14 am

I have combination oily skin. I hate it when a couple of hours after I wash my face, I get red-faced and oily. It's not as bad as it used to be, back when I didn't do anything to make my face clearer. I thought that when I become clear, I won't have a red, oily face but I still do. When I wear foundation, it helps me not get red and it keeps me from becoming oily, but I don't want to wear foundation for the rest of my life, just while I have acne. Is there anything, like a toner or something, that can keep me from getting oily and red? I am willing to try anything that is safe and can help me not get red sand oily on the face.

This is going to sound silly, but do you need to bend over a lot over the sink? I get a rosacea-red face if I do. I go back to my normal skin tone not long after.

Are you red and dry?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/10/2014 3:08 pm

This is going to sound silly, but do you need to bend over a lot over the sink? I get a rosacea-red face if I do. I go back to my normal skin tone not long after.

Are you red and dry?

I am red and oily

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/10/2014 3:34 pm

Are you red and dry?

I am red and oily

Is the redness and oiliness around the mouth and jawline?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/10/2014 5:15 pm

Its all over my T-zone and on the cheek areas next to my nose.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/11/2014 5:11 pm

Could you post a picture if you don't mind?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:18 pm

>

How do I put a picture up? It isn't working for me

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:21 pm

>>

You can't access the "My Media" button?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:22 pm

>>>

lockquote>

Yes, but then how do I get the picture off my computer?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:27 pm

>394575914">

>>>

lockquote>

Yes, but then how do I get the picture off my computer?

Can you get to "My Gallery" and click on the black "Upload" button?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:31 pm

Yeah, I finally figured it out

>>>>

lockquote>lockquote>

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:43 pm

That looks like excessive dryness and irritation, along with the normal color of your cheeks. You could have a very mild case of rosacea that the lighting is hiding. Not wearing sunscreen could make the redness worse, regardless of whatever skin condition.

Do you have a family history of rosacea or excessive blushing?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:55 pm

That looks like excessive dryness and irritation, along with the normal color of your cheeks. You could have a very mild case of rosacea that the lighting is hiding. Not wearing sunscreen could make the redness worse, regardless of whatever skin condition.

My brother and sister blush like crazy, but I have always been fair skinned, until I got acne. My dad has an extremely red face and body, most likely from sun damage over the years. I not sure if my family has a history of rosacea, but my mom and dad had acne as teens, and my great-grandfather had severe acne. The dryness and irritation on my face is due to the BP, I just can't seem to go on the full dosage without my skin looking awful. I use AHA, and it works good at keeping dryness and flaking low, but not completely gone. But these two pictures are the whitest my skin has been in a long time, because usually my skin always got extremely red and oily before I started the regimen.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/12/2014 10:55 pm

My brother and sister blush like crazy, but I have always been fair skinned, until I got acne. My dad has an extremely red face and body, most likely from sun damage over the years. I not sure if my family has a history of rosacea, but my mom and dad had acne as teens, and my great-grandfather had severe acne. The dryness and irritation on my face is due to the BP, I just can't seem to go on the full dosage without my skin looking awful. I use AHA, and it works good at keeping dryness and flaking low, but not completely gone. But these two pictures are the whitest my skin has been in a long time, because usually my skin always got extremely red and oily before I started the regimen.

I think you should go to a dermatologist to rule out rosacea and/or sun damage.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 03/14/2014 8:11 am

Oily skin is not a problem. One of the key signs of health we look for in the vast majority of mammals is skin oil. Michelle seems to know very well what she is talking about, and I'd trust her advice. Your skin also seems dry and irritated to me also.

Untill you get a pair of professional opinions, do not put any chemical anything on your face, and maybe get a good moisturizer (CeraVe for example)

I like spectro jel cleanser (purple)

Sunscreen sparingly, with other ZINC OXIDE only.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/15/2014 7:31 pm

Is your face itchy? It sort of looks a little like seborrhoeic dermatitis to me.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/17/2014 10:45 pm

Is your face itchy? It sort of looks a little like seborrhoeic dermatitis to me.

Yes, it is itchy at times

it is irritated and dry because I am using BP, otherwise, before I was really oily and red. I just wanted to know how to get rid of the redness and oilness when I was done with the regimen.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/17/2014 11:04 pm

it is irritated and dry because I am using BP, otherwise, before I was really oily and red. I just wanted to know how to get rid of the redness and oilness when I was done with the regimen.

Was it itchy before the regimen? If so then it might be SD. If not then I had something similar. I've now got it pretty much under control by changing my diet.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/17/2014 11:12 pm

Was it itchy before the regimen? If so then it might be SD. If not then I had something similar. I've now got it pretty much under control by changing my diet.

Sometimes it was itchy. How did you change your diet? Do you think it might help me?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/18/2014 12:38 am

Sometimes it was itchy. How did you change your diet? Do you think it might help me?

Everyone is different, but I used to have super oily skin (oily within 1 hour of washing), and it helped me. Now I can go about 8 hours before feeling like I need to wash my face. What I do is eat a low glycemic load and low fat diet. My breakfast is usually a green smoothie with oatmeal, lunch is chicken with veggies and dinner is chicken with veggies and rice. I also snack on fruit throughout the day. I also take 3g of vitamin C a day. It's not that exciting but it works for me. I also usually have a cheat meal once a week where I let myself eat out and have more exciting food, and my skin doesn't usually suffer.