Notifications
Clear all

On Accutane But Massive Cyst Still Keep Getting Infected. Please Help

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 03/05/2014 7:54 pm

I have a very stubborn cyst on my cheek which would swell to a huge size of 2cm. I already had 6 cortisone injection on it , everytime it would shrink but after 2 weeks later it would swell again. Because of the injection I have a indentation at the cyst , I am not really keen of getting injection as it would worsen the dent. I am already on month 6 of accutane and I don't really get acne except for this cyst. My derm do not want to excise it for me as I am on accutane. I am at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Please help...

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/05/2014 8:50 pm

I have a very stubborn cyst on my cheek which would swell to a huge size of 2cm. I already had 6 cortisone injection on it , everytime it would shrink but after 2 weeks later it would swell again. Because of the injection I have a indentation at the cyst , I am not really keen of getting injection as it would worsen the dent. I am already on month 6 of accutane and I don't really get acne except for this cyst. My derm do not want to excise it for me as I am on accutane. I am at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Please help...

The best you can do for now during your course is get more injections if you can. Your treatments are limited because Accutane makes your skin sensitive to nearly everything.

You'll have to wait ~6 months after your course for excisions and/or laser treatments.

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 03/05/2014 9:03 pm

The best you can do for now during your course is get more injections if you can. Your treatments are limited because Accutane makes your skin sensitive to nearly everything.

You'll have to wait ~6 months after your course for excisions and/or laser treatments.

I am really afraid of the identation cause by the jabs. I have 2 more indent cause by the injection and these are already 5 months back but the dent has not been filled.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/05/2014 10:23 pm

try this