Notifications
Clear all

Horrible Red Marks, Previous Cystic Acne Help *pics*

MemberMember
(@bego)

Posted : 03/05/2014 7:29 pm

I don't really expect much help, I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me... but here it goes. Like a year and a half ago, a little more, I had a completely clear back with very occasional acne, but my face has always been a problem for me. I have followed Dan's regimen RELIGIOUSLY on my face for the last 6 years of my life. Buying his products, and using them as intended. My face would be in the same predicament as my back had I not done this, but my face is basically clear and smooth I am very happy and thankful for the results.

Then a year and a half ago I got a dirty job where i sweat a lot and I had bad hygiene because I felt it more important to sleep after work than shower. My back BLEW UP, it got disgusting. I couldn't lay on my back, there was clusters of CYSTS all together with eachother, rampant infection, bleeding everywhere, ruining all my clothes ruining my sheets, I couldn't even lift my arms up out of sheer pain and for fear of having more bleeding and ripping scabs off. I was about as bad as it gets I'm thinking, I was ready to commit suicide how bad it was. I got prescribed accutane and decided it wasn't for me, a family history of colitis and too many unexplained side effects from it, so I didn't take it.

I decided I would give the regimen a fair shot at fixing my back acne, what did I have to lose? So for the last year and a half straight i have applied the regimen with a healthy amount of AHA on my back every single night. To my surprise it completely cleared my breakouts and I no longer get ANY new acne on my back. Red marks faded and I don't feel as horrible about my back anymore. But heres where I stand now, I have all these red marks and i know they will fade and there isnt much I can do except what I am doing, but there seems to also be areas that are still infected, possibly puss under the surface? They won't come to a head, its like the cysts are sitting there staying dormant and red and angry but not painful. They refuse to go away, I run my fingers across my back and there are areas I can tell have something underneath them, I feel like this should not be as I have had a "clear" back for well over 6 months...

I am not sure what to do about these areas that seem still infected. Am I going to be forced to take antibiotics for a year or something to attack them from the inside? The redness and angryness of them will not go away no matter what I do - its not average hyperpigmentation they are straight up still a cyst - a dormant cyst. ANYONE HELP ME??? Will it go away in time?

post-68079-0-53232500-1394065693.jpg

post-68079-0-95291000-1394065720.jpg

post-68079-0-53232500-1394065693.jpg

post-68079-0-95291000-1394065720.jpg

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/05/2014 7:36 pm

Red marks are called "Macules" and they don't look to be totally dormant Macules yet, there's still a little bit of infection left inside (hence their puffed up appearance) I would leave them alone until they become flatter. Also some of what you have looks like raised hypertrophic scar tissue but it's honestly a bitt too early to tell.

It may take more than a year before they actually heal properly. It's only been six months, keep in mind most nodular acne cysts can take up to 3-5 months to heal alone.

You can also bleach the area when you're done healing (no more puss on infection left inside). P. M me if you're looking for a good bleach cream

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/05/2014 8:17 pm

they look like keloids, been there done that....the only thing that worked for me was a series of steroid (kenalog, high dose) injections....I must have done them monthly, at least three rounds, four or five on some....then when the bumps smooth out, I did an IPL series for the redness

I don't have pictures, but it really worked for me...the raised scars are gone....it hurts to get them injected but it was worth it

good luck to you

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/05/2014 8:47 pm

The red welts look odd to me. Some of them look like nodules that have been scratched a lot. Were you scratching them?

MemberMember
(@bego)

Posted : 03/06/2014 12:08 pm

Never touch them. Always very conscious of not irritating them. The injection thing is something I hadn't heard before, what's that cost? I am just praying they will flatten out and the infection will leave me on it's own but it's been so long it feels like they are stuck the way they are now.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 3:46 pm

Never touch them. Always very conscious of not irritating them. The injection thing is something I hadn't heard before, what's that cost? I am just praying they will flatten out and the infection will leave me on it's own but it's been so long it feels like they are stuck the way they are now.

It depends what your insurance covers. I've heard that with good insurance it costs $30 to $60 per injection, but $300 to $500 without insurance and if you live in a high-cost area.

Scars like that won't really flatten on its own.

Consider getting pulsed dye laser treatments to reduce the redness, and/or Fractional CO2 lasers to decrease their size. You also may need to get them surgically removed. You must go to an experienced dermatologist for this.