Notifications
Clear all

Do People With Acne Commit Suicide Very Often?

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:55 pm

You never really hear the statistics, but do they actually resort to suicide?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/05/2014 8:26 pm

I would say acne and depression are linked, that is just common sense, sadly

but suicide is an entire other category...there clearly need to be other things at play....acne sucks, but we have to make sure we have a support system in place, we need to keep moving and keep living

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/05/2014 9:56 pm

There's usually a lot more to suicide than just acne, in my opinion. Acne sucks, no doubt about it, but having been there myself I can say there are usually more things at work.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/18/2014 7:38 am

bubbles if you have depression, that can too affect hormones.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/18/2014 10:22 am

Acne is not a hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalances are almost never found in acne patients. Acne is 100% genetic.

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 03/20/2014 5:45 pm

Acne is not a hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalances are almost never found in acne patients. Acne is 100% genetic.

The major factors of pathogenesis of acne are still being studied and are not 100% understood by dermatologists. Genetics is just one of those factors. There is evidence of hormones playing a role in female but not male acne patients.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/20/2014 7:12 pm

The major factors of pathogenesis of acne are still being studied and are not 100% understood by dermatologists. Genetics is just one of those factors. There is evidence of hormones playing a role in female but not male acne patients.

Hormones play a role in both female and male acne, but they just stimulate the oil glands - most of the time with acne patients the hormone levels are actually normal, it is just the fact that the persons oil glands are very "androgen sensitive" which causes them to produce too much sebum. But the real main culprit with acne is how the pores exfoliate (they get stuck) and the type of bacteria that lives within your skin and how it proliferates and the immunological response to the infection which usually in inflammatory acne is quite inappropriate.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/20/2014 7:15 pm

what happens when one goes on a 'diet' and becomes clear? like with me, i'd like to know what happend

just curious, do you eat lots of animal products?

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/20/2014 7:26 pm

what happens when one goes on a 'diet' and becomes clear? like with me, i'd like to know what happend

just curious, do you eat lots of animal products?

Here's some basic info about acne and diet here from this website:

http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

No I don't eat any animal products (gross).

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 03/20/2014 8:59 pm

On the original question, i used Google to type in the question for yahoo answers. i typed this in "i want to die because of my acne" the results where somewhat expected. i am unsure if these people have actually gone through with it but, one thing is certain the thought has come across their minds & i'm assuming multiple times. i can't blame them, this sh!t seems to last forever literally all day everyday & all it takes to remind you is a reflection....

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 03/21/2014 2:51 am

i'm wondering what will your next topic be.

"How many days do you think you have before you'll commit suicide because of your acne?" .no, this is too long.

"With your disgusting acne do you really think you're worthy to live?" we're getting there..

"Have you considered suicide as your acne treatment?" looking pretty good.

hope i gave you some good topic ideas.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/21/2014 5:18 am

If someone commits suicide because of just acne then I don't feel sorry for that kind of dumbass one bit. There's trillion times harder things in life than acne, what's next, you commit suicide because your dad gave you yellow ferrari on your birthday and you were hoping to get red one..

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/21/2014 8:16 am

If someone commits suicide because of just acne then I don't feel sorry for that kind of dumbass one bit. There's trillion times harder things in life than acne, what's next, you commit suicide because your dad gave you yellow ferrari on your birthday and you were hoping to get red one..

Lots of people commit suicide for dumber reasons than that. I found an article (which I'll try to find and link later) about a university student who randomly decided to commit suicide because he had failed his major. Apparently he didn't even have a "history" of mental health problems (According to his friends and family) and was very intelligent. Surge of the moment type thing I'm guessing. I wonder what goes on in the brain to suddenly propel someone to do that?

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/21/2014 8:28 am

Lots of people commit suicide for dumber reasons than that. I found an article (which I'll try to find and link later) about a university student who randomly decided to commit suicide because he had failed his major. Apparently he didn't even have a "history" of mental health problems (According to his friends and family) and was very intelligent. Surge of the moment type thing I'm guessing. I wonder what goes on in the brain to suddenly propel someone to do that?

In that kind of situations I think that it is just a natures way of getting rid of all the weak idiot people who shouldn't waste precious oxygen on this planet. Nature always finds a way, if you too dumb to live.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/21/2014 10:22 am

Oh gosh, this thread is starting to become offensive.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:16 am

Well life is offensive. I just watched a nature document and there was a lion and its cub. The cub hurt its leg and couldn't move well anymore, then the mother lion inspected the leg and spend some time with the cub and then the mother lion abandoned the cub. The mother lion understood that the cub has no future anymore so it is useless to spend any more time tend the cub. Now that is beautiful, it's pure nature, how everything should be. It is unnatural to take care of the weak , sick and old people, those people wouldn't survive in the wild and they just spend valuable resources, it is so unnatural, just sick. This modern life is so messed up, I wish we could go back to good old survival of the fittest world.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:53 am

Well life is offensive. I just watched a nature document and there was a lion and its cub. The cub hurt its leg and couldn't move well anymore, then the mother lion inspected the leg and spend some time with the cub and then the mother lion abandoned the cub. The mother lion understood that the cub has no future anymore so it is useless to spend any more time tend the cub. Now that is beautiful, it's pure nature, how everything should be. It is unnatural to take care of the weak , sick and old people, those people wouldn't survive in the wild and they just spend valuable resources, it is so unnatural, just sick. This modern life is so messed up, I wish we could go back to good old survival of the fittest world.

Yes, but we're not lions. We exhibit higher thinking and morals.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:05 pm

Yes, but we're not lions. We exhibit higher thinking and morals.

Is that so? I thought we were the only ones on this planet who kill for fun and pleasure and how many species have we put to extinction? We are the species of mass killers, sickest scum this planet has inhabited, very high thinking and morals indeed. It would be the kindest thing for the whole planet and all the species that have ever lived on this planet if all the homo sapiens would just walk into volcano and turn to ash. Now that would be the only time when homo sapiens would show high thinking and morals.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:10 pm

i think it's too late to pretend that the human spirit is not ..god.

i have people around me (active, powerful people, directors - bosses) who would die tomorrow if they stop taking their pills (which are invented by humans). lots of people have glasses. these deadly handicaps mean nothing in the human world, because we alter/create the world. as i said we are god.

simple elements combined to form more complex ones. these latter combined to form life (a higher order). life combined to form intelligent creatures like apes, which combined to form the "spirit" (practicly a collaboration like if all humans were one single organism). so again an even higher order (the highest that we know of). we are purely spiritual beeings since we base our life on the (collaborative/spiritual ) work of former humans. like the guy who invented the wheel, the light bulb, etc.. because of this "spirit"(collaboration) we don't require genetic modifications to acquire new abilities. for example we can fly to moon even, without any genetic change. you will have to wait forever to see a monkey develop abilities -genetic transformations- to fly .. to the moon (which would possibly never happen).

so don't wish to go back to a lower order of life because you will only regress. not to mention nature is extremely cruel, so there's nothing but pain and pain again in this non-human (lower than human) world . no reason to have such a wish.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:43 pm

I do wish to go back to the primitive world, I truly think that the primitive world is beautiful, maybe even homo sapiens appreciated life and everything in that time. Pain and death is beautiful, its part of life, even the biggest coward has to face death at some point.

Man is nature's sole mistake. -W.S. Gilbert

Truly, if there is evil in this world, then it lies within the heart of mankind. -Edward D. Morrison

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 03/21/2014 3:17 pm

I do wish to go back to the primitive world, I truly think that the primitive world is beautiful, maybe even homo sapiens appreciated life and everything in that time.

nature, being of a lower order, has no notion of good and bad, beautiful and ugly. it's primitive. like you can't expect a rock to feel happy.

Pain and death is beautiful, its part of life, even the biggest coward has to face death at some point.

we don't identify ourselves with our bodies (thus the term our ). we are a consciousness, which is proven to be the product of human society, not of nature ("we" are not natural.. lol ). this transcendence makes death feel nonsense. its natural for our bodies to die, yes, but the "spirit" has blurred borders. as you are a creation of all the thoughts and actions of all other (present and past) people, and we influence and create other persons (even if we don't have children, for example some teachers better transfer "themselves" to a receptive pupil, and view him as their child, rather then their own flesh and blood child), where do we actually begin and end?

this leads to inexplicable, from the material / nature's point of view, spiritual behaviour like dying for future people (dying for freedom, race equality, etc. scientists dedicating their whole lives for discoveries, etc). this would be absurd if we think we are individual animals, and not a collaborative continuation of a spirit.

Truly, if there is evil in this world, then it lies within the heart of mankind. -Edward D. Morrison

good and evil come from different places. in my view of course i would say that good comes from spirituality, and evil from the material world.

goodness is an ability, something that requires development, its sophisticated. evil comes from a weakness, a handicap, from reaching a limit. so evil is natural (while goodness is mankind specific). a lion reaches it's limit (with hunger) and turns mad and kills and eats an animal. luckily it only has its teeth and a few muscles, and not a machine gun to kill the whole herd so it can relax for a longer period.

indeed everything involving the material side creates trouble-pain-evil. so we could consider mankind as the most evil, but just because he has the most power. but it's spiritual side, the goodness, can compensate or even find a way to avoid evil, since it seems to grow to infinity. the invention of the lab burger may be a start. but we're infinite.. who knows what we'll invent/create.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/22/2014 12:43 am

I think this topic has gone too far, I don't even care about all this crap at all. My main point was that just live your own life, fuck what everyone else says, be happy, have fun, enjoy life, there's nothing more to it. And don't be a crybaby and get butthurt about every little thing, life is not that serious.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/22/2014 7:47 am

Youth is wasted on the young.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/22/2014 7:53 am

Life is wasted on the men.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/22/2014 8:00 am

What about the women? lol.gif