Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Back Acne

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 03/05/2014 9:52 am

Hi there, so im on my 29th day of treatment but i was wondering when i should start having any real improvement on my back acne? my skin does feel softer and smoother in places but there isnt much improvement so far. i know that its not been long but i guess im looking for some reassurance that it will get better...

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 03/05/2014 12:19 pm

wait a month or two more- i remember my treatment and also my brothers its almost like nothing is happening or it may get worse during the 1st and second month but after that around the 3,4 and 5th is when it improves dramatically.

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:38 pm

I had mild backne before accutane and I wanna say it totally cleared up and stayed clear around the 3rd month. My face took longer to totally clear up (month 4-5ish) as that was where the really bad breakouts were.

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 03/07/2014 8:08 am

MemberMember
(@ivyagogo)

Posted : 03/07/2014 8:34 am

My son has only been on Accutane for a few days. His back is so bad he actually has a hole in it from his acne. I can't imagine that one isn't going to scar. I'm going to be patient and hope this works for him.

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:09 pm

My son has only been on Accutane for a few days. His back is so bad he actually has a hole in it from his acne. I can't imagine that one isn't going to scar. I'm going to be patient and hope this works for him.

For most people, it will unfortunately it will take a few months of this dreaded acne 'purging' before the acne really improves. It will take time, but the time is definitely worth it in the end. Scarring is definitely a possibility with acne anyway, whether or not you're on accutane.

Fortunately, there are different treatments available from cosmetic dermatologists for acne scars after the acne has cleared like fraxel lasers, laser resurfacing, excisions, and others.