Notifications
Clear all

Which One 🙁

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/05/2014 3:44 am

Hey guys, I have two moisturisers: dove essential nutrients spf 15 lotion and olay complete all day uv spf 15 lotion. the dove makes me look tired and sort of dead? (really defines the bags under my eyes) and i think the olay one may break me out.. i need to use one until i get get another one.. any suggestions anyone? would be much appreciated :(

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:56 am

The olay complete all day uv spf 15 lotion has reasonably good reviews, perhaps have a look on the reviews to see if there is more information that may assist with your decision.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/05/2014 8:29 am

looking tired vs breaking out..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll take the Dove and look tired any day over breaking out

you can put makeup over the moisturizer to look awake

at night try a little coconut oil under the eyes till you get your new moisturizer

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/06/2014 3:06 am

nah i cant be caught dead in makeup as a guy at my school hahah, can anyone recommend any good spf moisturisers please?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 3:21 am

nah i cant be caught dead in makeup as a guy at my school hahah, can anyone recommend any good spf moisturisers please?

Elta MD's UV Clear or L'Oreal sunscreens are nice.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/06/2014 6:35 pm

can you get those in australia? are they for sensitive skin? oh and which l'oreal one? im sure they have alot right? thanks so much for your reply btw :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 6:48 pm

can you get those in australia? are they for sensitive skin? oh and which l'oreal one? im sure they have alot right? thanks so much for your reply btw

Blegh, nonsense! L'Oreal doesn't sell sunscreens in Australia!

Maybe you can get the Elta MD one here: http://www.eltamd.co.nz/

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:09 am

i cant be ordering online sorry to be such a hassle :( any other suggestions?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:17 am

i cant be ordering online sorry to be such a hassle any other suggestions?

Hmm, what's the name of a local store over there?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/07/2014 6:43 am

i cant be ordering online sorry to be such a hassle any other suggestions?

Hmm, what's the name of a local store over there?

terry white's chemists i think?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/09/2014 12:07 am

bump?

MemberMember
(@gigglingmuffins)

Posted : 03/09/2014 12:28 am

The best day time moisturizer with SPF that I've tried is the Desert Essence Gentle Nourishing Day Cream with SPF 15. That stuff is sooo soothing, it makes my skin feel amazing. It's kind of pricey, about $19, but it lasts a really long time because you only need a little bit.

I have also tried the Olay Complete one, I didn't really like it that much... It wasn't great. I highly recommend Desert Essence though, I got mine at whole foods. i'm sure you can find it online if you don't have a whole foods near you

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/09/2014 1:41 am

anywhere i could get that in australia?

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 03/09/2014 4:19 am

Try any of the Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunscreens. Should be available in any aussie supermarket. You'll need a separate moisturiser product though since it's not enough by itself.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/09/2014 5:40 am

like which moisturiser product though? do you know of any moisturisers with spf so its less time consuming to apply haha?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/09/2014 6:12 am

oh and im reading reviews of this neutrogena sunscreen, it wouldnt be preferred to have the moisturiser coming off with sweating, as im a very active guy and especially at school when we have sport and pe etc. would be a bit of a pain :/

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 03/09/2014 1:18 pm

Moisturizers with SPF are generally not effective at all since you're not actually putting on enough sunscreen for it to work, a dedicated sunscreen product is what you need if you actually want any sun protection. What about neutrogena sport face sunblock?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/09/2014 3:59 pm

Moisturizers with SPF are generally not effective at all since you're not actually putting on enough sunscreen for it to work, a dedicated sunscreen product is what you need if you actually want any sun protection. What about neutrogena sport face sunblock?

There's no difference between a "moisturizer" with SPF and just a regular sunscreen. They're technically both "moisturizers".

As long as you apply at least 1/4 of a teaspoon for your face you'll be fine.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/10/2014 2:41 am

any product suggestions guys?

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 03/10/2014 7:52 pm

There's no difference between a "moisturizer" with SPF and just a regular sunscreen. They're technically both "moisturizers".

What do you mean? I was specifically referring to the products OP mentioned not having enough SPF. They might technically both be moisturisers but are not both effective sun protection.

OP, You've had 4 product suggestions in this thread:

Desert Essence Gentle Nourishing Day Cream with SPF 15

EltaMD UV Clear

Neutrogena Dry Touch

Neutrogena Sport Face Water Resistant

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/10/2014 10:26 pm

What do you mean? I was specifically referring to the products OP mentioned not having enough SPF. They might technically both be moisturisers but are not both effective sun protection.

EltaMD UV Clear

Neutrogena Dry Touch

Estranged is having trouble finding those products in a local store, and I'm trying to find a store in his area that carries it. No luck so far. :(

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 03/10/2014 11:25 pm

Estranged, go to your local Woolies and check out some of the sunblock there. I know there will be at least Neutrogena, Cancer Foundation, and Banana Boat sunscreen. (Woolies owns Countdown in NZ and we've got those 3 here) Look for SPF30+ or greater.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/11/2014 3:00 am

EltaMD UV Clear

Neutrogena Dry Touch

i dont know which one to try, most or all of these products get reviews saying that they come off with sweat and make your face white?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/13/2014 4:52 am

EltaMD UV Clear

Neutrogena Dry Touch

Estranged is having trouble finding those products in a local store, and I'm trying to find a store in his area that carries it. No luck so far.

exactly! thanks so much to everyone and especially you michelle for going through the trouble! still trying to find a moisturiser :/

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 03/14/2014 5:56 am

oh and im using olay gentle foaming face wash with aloe? anyone used this?