Notifications
Clear all

Diane35 And Duac - My Log

MemberMember
(@maria2325)

Posted : 03/05/2014 12:09 am

Hey guys. I'm starting this personal log because as of today I'm starting on Diane35 + Duac daily gel.

I've had acne since I was 13, but it's being very varied how bad it's been. While it was annoying as a teenager, I never suffered from very low self-esteem.

Now I'm 24 and my acne has turned cystic. Also, I have no friends who are struggling with acne. I'm starting my professional career, and my skin is acting like I'm a teenager. I have never been so frustrated, and I finally decided to go to the doctor after doing a lot of research.

I get occasional pimples on my forehead, but the upper part of my face is mostly clear.

But my chin, my jawline, my mouth and occasionally my cheeks all have constant breakouts. Up until the age of 20-21, I would just get pimples on my chin. Then they started appearing at my left cheek, and over the last year, my jawline has seen cystic breakouts and they're there for months. While they may not be that visible, it hurts and I'm so sick of it being so constant. My face feels more red than it used to be.

I've been prescribed diane35 as well as the Duac daily gel and I'm sure it will be a few months before I can tell whether or not there has been any improvement. I'm a bit scared about dryness and sun exposure. I live in Australia at the moment, so lots of sun here.. I always wear spf 30, but the sun i very strong. It's getting towards fall now though, so I'm not going to be sunbathing.

I will probably update once or twice a week, stay tuned!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 03/05/2014 9:21 am

Diane is my miracle pill! :) It cleared up my acne like no topical ever could (though I use it in combination with clindamycin). But be prepared to wait a few months before things get better and with Diane, for most users it definitely gets worse before it gets better. It took me 5.5 months before one day I realised how smooth my skin was! But don't worry, it'll probably take you 2-3 months, seems like I was one of the unlucky ones...

Anyway good luck. :) Hope Diane works for you!