Find results in...
Laney

Extremely bad acne

I need help with horrible acne  

11 members have voted

1. 1. I need help with horrible acne

• Accutane?
    • Tazorac?

I am in my mid 20's and I have extrememly bad acne, never had it before in my life. It won't go away with cleansers or topical treatments. Any suggestions on effective oral treatments? I seriously need help. eusa_think.gif

I am in my mid 20's and I have extrememly bad acne,  never had it before in my life.  It won't go away with cleansers or topical treatments.  Any suggestions on effective oral treatments?  I seriously need help. eusa_think.gif

Umm..I am hesitant about smoothbeam. It hasn't been on the market for that long, only 2-3 years. Side effects can still be very much possible in the longterm as the beam "damages" the oil glands with thermal heat from the lasers.

Laney: How would you describe your acne? How often do you get breakouts? Have you already been through the entire skin-clearing spectrum: antibiotics, topical lotions, supplements, etc.? How long has this been going on? Can you relate your acne to a certain point in your life, perhaps its stress-related?

By narrowing your options done to two different medications seems bleak. For instance, one is a topical and the other a pill that you swallow. One can be used to treat any type of acne while the other is used to treat stubborn acne that won't go away.

Have you been to the doctors yet?