Notifications
Clear all

"flash Bump"?

MemberMember
(@hoodedstranger90)

Posted : 03/04/2014 8:54 pm

Last night I was in my bed reading, happened to kind of touch my forehead and noticed I felt a bump. Ran to the mirror and what I saw shocked me. I had this HUGE bump that was kind of red and swollen looking. I assumed it was a cyst that spontaneously formed, and a deep one at that. It was time for me to take my antibiotic anyway, so I did that and when I looked in the mirror again about an hour later, the bump was not nearly as pronounced anymore and it wasn't red at all. It was basically gone by the time I woke up. I'm certainly relieved about that, but I fear it will be back with a vengeance. I have a wedding to go to in 5 days and I'd hate to walk around in my tuxedo but looking like I got smacked in the forehead with a golf ball.

Has anyone else ever had a bump like that where it only lasted a couple hours? Should I try to get an injection or something just to be safe?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/04/2014 8:58 pm

Last night I was in my bed reading, happened to kind of touch my forehead and noticed I felt a bump. Ran to the mirror and what I saw shocked me. I had this HUGE bump that was kind of red and swollen looking. I assumed it was a cyst that spontaneously formed, and a deep one at that. It was time for me to take my antibiotic anyway, so I did that and when I looked in the mirror again about an hour later, the bump was not nearly as pronounced anymore and it wasn't red at all. It was basically gone by the time I woke up. I'm certainly relieved about that, but I fear it will be back with a vengeance. I have a wedding to go to in 5 days and I'd hate to walk around in my tuxedo but looking like I got smacked in the forehead with a golf ball.

Has anyone else ever had a bump like that where it only lasted a couple hours? Should I try to get an injection or something just to be safe?

It's possible you were subconsciously touching the pimple so it looked really red and a lot bigger than it was.

MemberMember
(@hoodedstranger90)

Posted : 03/04/2014 9:25 pm

It's possible you were subconsciously touching the pimple so it looked really red and a lot bigger than it was.

I really don't know about that...I never picked at it or anything. I only noticed it because I put my hand on my forehead for less than two seconds and felt it. The bump was the size of a quarter when I looked in the mirror and even my mom was concerned when I showed her. It got way flatter and less red within an hour. The skin was only slightly raised when I woke up, and after I took my antibiotic again in the morning, there was no trace of it left. It's just weird because I've never had a pimple/cyst that BIG and also never had one dissipate that fast which makes me nervous that it's not really gone and will sprout back up again.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/04/2014 9:29 pm

I really don't know about that...I never picked at it or anything. I only noticed it because I put my hand on my forehead for less than two seconds and felt it. The bump was the size of a quarter when I looked in the mirror and even my mom was concerned when I showed her. It got way flatter and less red within an hour. The skin was only slightly raised when I woke up, and after I took my antibiotic again in the morning, there was no trace of it left. It's just weird because I've never had a pimple/cyst that BIG and also never had one dissipate that fast which makes me nervous that it's not really gone and will sprout back up again.

Inflammation very quickly sets in, but doesn't always leave that fast. Antibiotics have an interesting anti-inflammatory, as evidenced by taking low doses with rosacea.

Are you using any topicals?

MemberMember
(@hoodedstranger90)

Posted : 03/04/2014 9:32 pm

Inflammation very quickly sets in, but doesn't always leave that fast. Antibiotics have an interesting anti-inflammatory, as evidenced by taking low doses with rosacea.

Aczone in the morning and Tazorac before bed.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/04/2014 9:36 pm

Aczone in the morning and Tazorac before bed.

Let's hope that will help prevent new ones!