Notifications
Clear all

Would This Treatment Work For Me?

MemberMember
(@extinguisher0126)

Posted : 03/04/2014 7:06 pm

I have a few boxcar and ice pick scars. fortunately they are all shallow and my skin tends to heal pretty nicely (boxcar scar on forehead healed 90 percent on its own). My scars are also fairly new (6 months top). Would using a 0.5 dermaroller and applying copper peptide...then applying natural aloe vera gel on top. Would that work? i appreciate all your help. :D

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/04/2014 7:08 pm

I have a few boxcar and ice pick scars. fortunately they are all shallow and my skin tends to heal pretty nicely (boxcar scar on forehead healed 90 percent on its own). My scars are also fairly new (6 months top). Would using a 0.5 dermaroller and applying copper peptide...then applying natural aloe vera gel on top. Would that work? i appreciate all your help.

Dermaroller and copper peptides, maybe. Professionally-applied chemical peels, lasers, and dermal fillers, yes.

I don't think the aloe vera gel would do anything other than take some of the redness down.

MemberMember
(@extinguisher0126)

Posted : 03/04/2014 10:33 pm

oooo i dont like expensive procedures that guarantee results. i think the human body is much more capable of doing amazing healing than we think.

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:35 pm

I do agree that the aloe vera would take some of redness down and maybe speed up the healing process, but not that much as you might expect. Especially because the dermaroller might produce additional redness.

As you have said, your boxcar scar has healed on its own, maybe you should have patience with the other scars and let your body do its own thing.

Good luck!