Notifications
Clear all

Can I Use Expired Epiduo Or Switch To Another Medication?

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/03/2014 11:56 pm

It's a long story but the Epiduo I have expired last month and I get can't get a new one, so I was wondering is it safe to use Epiduo right after its expiry date? If not, can I safely switch to another tropical treatment (like Clindoxyl gel) after using Epiduo for 2 weeks without any irritating, breakouts, or loss of the 2 week progress, etc. due to the change? Someone please help me because I finally started the regimen and put the time, money and effort into it only to be stopped by something silly like this, thanks.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/04/2014 2:06 am

It's a long story but the Epiduo I have expired last month and I get can't get a new one, so I was wondering is it safe to use Epiduo right after its expiry date? If not, can I safely switch to another tropical treatment (like Clindoxyl gel) after using Epiduo for 2 weeks without any irritating, breakouts, or loss of the 2 week progress, etc. due to the change? Someone please help me because I finally started the regimen and put the time, money and effort into it only to be stopped by something silly like this, thanks.

I wouldn't use Epiduo to be on the safe side. I wouldn't know if it's contaminated or how you stored it.

Clindoxyl gel is fine. Will you be using a nightly retinoid, too?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/04/2014 7:33 am

using it for a few months beyond the expiration date is safe...until you get another script or change direction there is no issue at all with that

over time it will lose its efficacy, but a few months after will still be fine

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 03/04/2014 7:43 am

Acne has nothing to do with your skin on the outside, absolutley nothing. You are kicking th can down the road. This shit yo uput on your face damages your skin, is not good for it. Maybe it removes acne, but it wont prevent them. And if you stop it all comes back anyway. How lkong do you intended to smear chemicals and antibiotics on your face? By the time your 40 you are going to look 60.

Work WITH your body not against it. Your face oil is very adapt at deciding what bacteria need to die, and what bacteria need to live. You are throwing that for a loop, at a time where it may already be overloaded or confused.

Clean Air, Clean Water (NO FLORIDE NO CHLORINE ETC ETC) Clean Food, Dont eat shit, not saying the shit is directly bad for you, but if you fill up on chips or canned ravioli you are NOT eating somthing that your body can ACTUALLY USE.

Thinking about your skin in a negative light all the time creates horomone imbalances, which makes it harder to clear acne, maybe even creates some. So stop that.

Get a good gentle cleanser, do some research and try a few GOOD ONES. SAFE ONES. And wash your face once a damn day, twice if you get really dirty. thats it. live healthy and be happy. Your acne will start to go away slowly over time, natrually and safely. VERY SLOWLY. tis is important, your body takes its time repairing things to be sure its doing it right. dont rush it. Feed it nutrients, and energies needed. Maybe find a good high quality anti oxidant, Healthforce makes some good ones, but im not sure as to the source, and I wont buy anything from the pacific anymore, seing as its all radio contaminated now...

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/04/2014 1:02 pm

using it for a few months beyond the expiration date is safe...until you get another script or change direction there is no issue at all with that

over time it will lose its efficacy, but a few months after will still be fine

Good, all I need is a few months, but just in case, can I safely switch to Clindoxyl gel like Michelle said?