Notifications
Clear all

Tca Cross

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:06 pm

so lets say i did it on my ice pick scars and it fills up , i still noticed the circle around of the scar even though it fills up so i dont think it solves the problem and i also noticed the red mark left behind from the tca cross last a long time just a thought anyone notice it too ? maybe you might not get what im saying lol but

so as everyone know should know i did a tca cross and i want to do a 2 layer of 25% tca peel to make my skin smoother for my ice pick scars aswell so like a combination treatment and i know it takes a week for it to peel so im wonder should i wait 1 or 2 months to do it or longer ?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:14 pm

so lets say i did it on my ice pick scars and it fills up , i still noticed the circle around of the scar even though it fills up so i dont think it solves the problem and i also noticed the red mark left behind from the tca cross last a long time just a thought anyone notice it too ?

What color is the circle? How long ago did you get this procedure? Did you use sunscreen at this time?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:21 pm

so lets say i did it on my ice pick scars and it fills up , i still noticed the circle around of the scar even though it fills up so i dont think it solves the problem and i also noticed the red mark left behind from the tca cross last a long time just a thought anyone notice it too ?

What color is the circle? How long ago did you get this procedure? Did you use sunscreen at this time?

when i say circle , i mean the perimeter of the ice pick scar and yes i do use sunscreen , im making this thread because i noticed it like 6 months ago from my other tca cross

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:27 pm

when i say circle , i mean the perimeter of the ice pick scar and yes i do use sunscreen , im making this thread because i noticed it like 6 months ago from my other tca cross

Sounds like it didn't raise up all the way, so what you're seeing is a shadow/slightly depressed scar.

To fix this, you need something like more chemical peeling (not CROSS) or laser resurfacing.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:30 pm

Sounds like it didn't raise up all the way, so what you're seeing is a shadow/slightly depressed scar.

To fix this, you need something like more chemical peeling (not CROSS) or laser resurfacing.

yeah i want to try a 2 layer of %25 tca peel but i wanna know how long it takes to heal from it and if i should do it 1 or 2 months or longer after my tca cross from 1 weeks ago

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/03/2014 8:02 pm

yeah i want to try a 2 layer of %25 tca peel but i wanna know how long it takes to heal from it and if i should do it 1 or 2 months or longer after my tca cross from 1 weeks ago

It depends what your skin type is for the healing time. Generally, it's 1 week healing time.

I strongly advise you to not do at-home peels. All it takes is one misapplication to wreck your skin.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/03/2014 8:20 pm

It depends what your skin type is for the healing time. Generally, it's 1 week healing time.

I strongly advise you to not do at-home peels. All it takes is one misapplication to wreck your skin.

i mean i did the tca peel at home before and it went fine but i couldnt remember how it healed , and what do you mean misaplication it looks pretty simple o.o

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/03/2014 8:48 pm

i mean i did the tca peel at home before and it went fine but i couldnt remember how it healed , and what do you mean misaplication it looks pretty simple o.o

There are very good reasons why chemical peels are done by professionals who had years of training. Lots of laymen think that frosting and precipitation are the same. They aren't. Frosting is due to proteins in your skin denaturing; precipitation happens when the chemical such as salicylic acid crystallizes. Not all chemicals precipitate. I suspect some DIY-peelers were lucky in avoiding damage because they thought the precipitation was frosting and removed the peel right away before it could do real damage.

You can easily get into trouble if you accidentally apply too much on certain areas, like acne lesions. What looks like precipitation there could actually be frosting. If you really don't know the difference--they look similar, after all--there's a very high chance of scarring.

Also, chemical peels are trickier with darker skin tones. 35% TCA is typically fine in pale Caucasians, but not so much with Asians. Furthermore, how thick your skin is determines what chemical peels you use.

There's also some amount of prep time involved. Many OTC topicals can't adequately prepare you for a chemical peel.

If you happen to mess up, aftercare is critical. I'd rather not see you mess up and then have to wait a few weeks or months before you see a doctor or dermatologist instead of getting it ASAP.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/03/2014 9:39 pm

I would recommend buying some LED lights that you can use during treatment to get even better results.

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 03/04/2014 1:55 am

My skin type heals incredibly well. I did TCA cross about 10 days after a 30% tca peel- no problems.

All of my scabbing fell off within a week after.

The deeper ice pick scars are rather red, but much much shallower. Without makeup the redness makes them more obvious, but with make up on the amount they have shallowed has increased dramatically, I would say at leastt 50%.

Other scars became wider and shallower, but I have no doubt this will even out over time if I keep up with decent exfoliation.

And as you said, some scars have a ring around them that seems a bit raise, I am expecting this to even out with more peels, perhaps even spot treatment of tca 30% every few weeks.

In my case combination treatment is not a problem because I heal well, I would base it on how healed you think your skin is.