Notifications
Clear all

Follow My Journey To Clear Skin!

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 03/02/2014 7:29 pm

Hey everyone

I am joining a 'skin gym' at Clear SkinCare were you get two treatments a month plus they sell all sorts of products at their clinic. I will be reviewing products/treatments and documenting my journey on my blog!

Please check it out . I have posted some before photos already along with the products I am using. You can comment on posts also so feel free to ask any questions or give feedback.

I am really excited. They even offer 'permanent acne removal'! Sebaceous glands are cauterized a bit like electrolysis.

Stay tuned!

*Mod edit for blog post - See board rules*

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/02/2014 9:13 pm

you have like no acne only little bumps of course those are gonna be gone in like a week max lol

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 03/02/2014 9:51 pm

Ohh on my cheek that was a huge painful pustule. And I have one underneath the skin above my eyebrow which hasn't come out.

Every single month I battle a breakout, then my skin clears up. Then it breaks out again! It's very frustrating.

I think the treatments sound really interesting though and the SGA would be great for moderate-severe acne.

The red marks/scarring on my chin is also difficult to cover even with makeup. I had cysts there as a teenager!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/02/2014 11:32 pm

I've heard about the clear skincare clinics and the SGA treatment they offer. It's something I'm keeping in mind to possibly try sometime if nothing else helps.

I have to say though that your skin looks great currently! I wish my skin was like that!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 11:55 pm

Strange that treatment is only available in Australia. You'd think it'd be more widespread that what it is.

I'm not sure, but maybe sebaceous glands can grow back? I need to look for data on this.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 03/03/2014 2:46 am

I am 25 years old so the fact I am getting acne at all is very frustrating when most of my peers don't get any at all.

Because SGA is relatively new and was invented in Australia I would say it has to undergo years of legal scrutiny etc before it can appear world wide. For example, a girl I was speaking to from Germany said they have vaccines for Urinary Tract Infections in her country! It will probably be a long long time before we have it here

The sebaceous glands still remain they are just cauterized off. There is an 80% reduction of oil in the gland from then on. Again similar to electrolysis which cauterizes a hair follicle, it's far more permanent than IPL.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/03/2014 3:03 am

I am 25 years old so the fact I am getting acne at all is very frustrating when most of my peers don't get any at all.

Because SGA is relatively new and was invented in Australia I would say it has to undergo years of legal scrutiny etc before it can appear world wide. For example, a girl I was speaking to from Germany said they have vaccines for Urinary Tract Infections in her country! It will probably be a long long time before we have it here

The sebaceous glands still remain they are just cauterized off. There is an 80% reduction of oil in the gland from then on. Again similar to electrolysis which cauterizes a hair follicle, it's far more permanent than IPL.

Hmmm, that is interesting. I really don't know how legally stringent the US is for medical approvals compared to other countries, but from what I've been told by my science buddies is that Germany and France is more relaxed. I don't know anything about Australia. I wonder if there are some things available here in the US that aren't there in Australia. Be interesting to find out.

Do you know what the potential side effects of SGA are or how long the procedure time is? I'm really, really curious.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/03/2014 3:16 am

I think I remember reading SGA or a similar treatment was available in Korea years ago / before it was available in Australia - but I'll have to check that.

Last I heard, they were expanding the clear skincare clinics (and presumably the SGA treatment too) outside of Australia - starting with New Zealand.

Dr. Phillipa McCaffery is the 'founder?' of SGA - that could be wrong - but if you google her name you should come up with her blog which has some good before and after photos. There might be some info there of interest too. I've also just read there that they now advise clients to take 8-10 treatments to see significant results.

One of the reasons I haven't gone ahead with SGA (besides not being in a position to afford it at the moment) is that it is such a new procedure. I couldn't find any published journal articles on it when I looked (though that was mid-last year so I'll have to look again) and I can't find info on potential side effects either immediate or long-term.

It's still a really intriguing option!!

There's another thread here that's fairly recent about people's experience with SGA treatment if anyone's interested