Notifications
Clear all

Nothing Is Coming To A Fracking Head!

MemberMember
(@baconburger)

Posted : 03/02/2014 6:24 pm

Like the title says, nothing seems to bring a bunch of large bumps to the surface

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 6:49 pm

Alright so Im a 17 year old male (junior in HS) from Maryland who spent a year with clear skin after finding a good routine and eating much healthier, and it has been the best year of my life. I've gained an insane level of confidence, got into relationships, did better in school, etc.

But last week I ate horribly. I ate more sugar than I have had in months total. And I'm paying for it, big time. I have multiple crazy bad problems on my upper lip, in the "mustache area" and its driving me insane.

I have 2 painful red marks that were forming pimples that accidentally opened early and sank back into the skin. But the won't resurface

I have one massive and painful thing on my lip. It was a forming pimple that I blasted with ice for days on end because I had an outing planned for over the weekend and didn't want it at a head yet. Now, if I stretch the skin with my tongue there is an INSANE amount of pus right underneath the surface. But I can't get it to come to a fracking head or go away! I've been applying a hot towel to it for extremely long periods of time, but nothings working! I want it to go away asap. I don't care if it leaves a mark, I've been using Scarzone for that and it's fucking amazing.

Could someone please help me? How do I bring this shit to a head? Is the thing above my lip a cyst? How does one drain a cyst? I'm freaking out. My skin hasn't been this bad in a year and it's all I can think about

I had one like that too a while ago. I helped it along by applying lots of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Technically, it wasn't a cyst--just a big pustule.

Since you're a guy, that might be an ingrown hair or a boil. You might need to go to a doctor and get antibiotics for this.

MemberMember
(@baconburger)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:18 pm

How long did it take you to heal it? I've had mine for around 5 days and it's not going anywhere :/ I'm freaking out here. I just want everything to come to a head so I can pop it and fix the marks...

But literally nothing is coming to a head! There is no end in sight!

MemberMember
(@jarcharles)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:27 pm

You need to put heat on it to bring it to a head.

MemberMember
(@baconburger)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:31 pm

You need to put heat on it to bring it to a head.

I've been using a hot towel on the spots for 2 days or so now.. Nothing's coming up :( this isn't my first rodeo with acne at all, but this is the first time this has happened to me

MemberMember
(@jarcharles)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:32 pm

Try black drawing salve

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:44 pm

How long did it take you to heal it? I've had mine for around 5 days and it's not going anywhere :/ I'm freaking out here. I just want everything to come to a head so I can pop it and fix the marks...

But literally nothing is coming to a head! There is no end in sight!

It took about 2 weeks. I applied salicylic acid 2-3x daily and BP 1-2 times nightly. <--Probably not a good idea for you to try that. If you do so, you must be very, very, very careful.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 03/02/2014 10:00 pm

Put a shit ton of epsom salt on a cotton swab, soak it until all the epsom salt is dissolved and apply it to the spot. It will sting a little. I'm doing this right now with a massive nodule on my forehead. Thank god I can cover it with my hair. GRRRR!

MemberMember
(@blissfully-unaware)

Posted : 03/03/2014 6:10 am

I know it's annoying but sometimes you need to just leave them alone and they will come to a head eventually. Benzoyl peroxide helps if you are really desperate, sometimes makes mine come to a head faster lol

MemberMember
(@mako65)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:14 am

Best thing I've tried for cystic acne is cortisone shot.

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 03/08/2014 10:12 pm

You could try a hydrocolloid bandage, like the type that you can get for blisters. They are pretty effective at drawing out what is in pimples and I know people with cystic acne who swear by them. However there has to be a small 'opening' or head for the stuff to be drawn through, so if you're feeling brave, lightly prick it with a sterilized needle and slap a hydrocolloid bandage on.