Good Razor Found In...

Notifications
Clear all

Good Razor Found In Stores?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:31 pm

Im looking for a manual razor to use permanently now, but the Gillette Trac II Plus and Gillette Sensor Excel Razor are not sold in stores. So are there any other good razors that are in stores like Target? Im looking for it to be around $20 or less. Please and thank you! Open to any recommendations and feedback.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 5:13 pm

Im looking for a manual razor to use permanently now, but the Gillette Trac II Plus and Gillette Sensor Excel Razor are not sold in stores. So are there any other good razors that are in stores like Target? Im looking for it to be around $20 or less. Please and thank you! Open to any recommendations and feedback.

That's surprising. Can you get it online?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/02/2014 5:43 pm

Online yes, but i want one today, not having to wait for a week.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 5:51 pm

How to you feel about using women's razors? The real differences are the "moisturizing" bars around the razors and the colors.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/02/2014 7:36 pm

On 3/3/2014 at 6:51 AM, Michelle Reece said:
On 3/3/2014 at 6:43 AM, DarkDubzs said:
On 3/3/2014 at 6:13 AM, Michelle Reece said:
On 3/3/2014 at 4:31 AM, DarkDubzs said:

How to you feel about using women's razors? The real differences are the "moisturizing" bars around the razors and the colors.

I have no problem with them. In fact, i might even prefer them because of the moisturizing bar lessening irritation or something? Actually, ive been using those cheap BIC disposable, plastic, 2 blade razors that my mom buys in a pack of like 10. They get the job done, but i feel there might be something better out there, something that shaves easier like making it so i only have to shave over an area once.

These are actually the disposable BIC razors i use that i mentioned above

[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 7:51 pm

On 3/3/2014 at 8:36 AM, DarkDubzs said:

I have no problem with them. In fact, i might even prefer them because of the moisturizing bar lessening irritation or something? Actually, ive been using those cheap BIC disposable, plastic, 2 blade razors that my mom buys in a pack of like 10. They get the job done, but i feel there might be something better out there, something that shaves easier like making it so i only have to shave over an area once.

[Edited image out]

With "moisturizing" razors, you don't need to use as much shaving cream, if any.

BiC is probably the cheapest you can get. Store bands/generics would be on par.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:00 pm

On 3/3/2014 at 8:51 AM, Michelle Reece said:

[Edited image out]

With "moisturizing" razors, you don't need to use as much shaving cream, if any.

Do those moisturizing bars on these cheap razors even do anything? It feels like its just a piece of plastic lol, but then it feels kinda softer sometimes which means its not just a piece of solid plastic, but still seems like a gimmick.

Are there any other better cartridge razors out there for acne prone skin though?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:09 pm

On 3/3/2014 at 9:00 AM, DarkDubzs said:
On 3/3/2014 at 8:51 AM, Michelle Reece said:

[Edited imageout]

Do those moisturizing bars on these cheap razors even do anything? It feels like its just a piece of plastic lol, but then it feels kinda softer sometimes which means its not just a piece of solid plastic, but still seems like a gimmick.

Are there any other better cartridge razors out there for acne prone skin though?

The bars are more designed for in-shower use. They melt from the heat in a shower, which provides the emollient feel.

Venus Embrace is really nice, particularly for legs. The blades aren't that wide, and it'd take a little longer to shave your face that way.