Should I Do The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I Do The Regimine If I Have Mild Acne?

MemberMember
(@liveforfit)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:18 pm

I have what I consider mild acne - I currently only have 1 active pimple (albeit, it's on my nose and huge and I'm trying very hard to get rid of it.) However, I do have a lot of red marks on my right cheek. Most of the threads I've read, the people have much more severe acne than I do. However, we all aspire for the same thing - clear skin. Still, I'm not sure if I should start the regimine as it's a lot more intense than I am used to.

I'm a girl, and my skin type is oily. I normally break out during my period but the one pimple or so doesn't tend to leave for a week - a month (this is rare) and when it does leave, it leaves a mark. (Not a scar as it's not deep into the skin, but a red mark.) I am currently on Differin 0.1% and use it on my red marks every night before bed, and although there is a little improvement, it's pretty slow and if I stopped using it, I'm not sure how big of a difference it would make. I wash my face twice a day with Cetaphil Daily Cleanser for normal to oily skin and moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer, which says it's noncomedegic. On my nose with the huge pimple (by the way, it has no head and I'm not sure what to classify this as. It's already been a week and although it's gone down in redness, it's barely gone down in size. I had one just like this almost exactly a year ago and it took 3 months to go away - I don't want this to happen again!!) I use Acnefree Terminator 10, which is 10% benoxyl peroxide spot treatment. I've just added this step 2 days ago, so I'm not sure how effective it is yet.

If I started the regimen, I would still use the Cetaphil cleanser and probably switch to the Cetaphil lotion, only purchasing the BP from Dan's line, and maybe the AHA. However, has anybody with mild acne like mine done the regimine? What were your results? How logn did it take for you to get clear skin? (Sorry this is so long!!)

MemberMember
(@liveforfit)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:26 pm

Please help!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:33 pm

I have what I consider mild acne - I currently only have 1 active pimple (albeit, it's on my nose and huge and I'm trying very hard to get rid of it.) However, I do have a lot of red marks on my right cheek. Most of the threads I've read, the people have much more severe acne than I do. However, we all aspire for the same thing - clear skin. Still, I'm not sure if I should start the regimine as it's a lot more intense than I am used to.

I'm a girl, and my skin type is oily. I normally break out during my period but the one pimple or so doesn't tend to leave for a week - a month (this is rare) and when it does leave, it leaves a mark. (Not a scar as it's not deep into the skin, but a red mark.) I am currently on Differin 0.1% and use it on my red marks every night before bed, and although there is a little improvement, it's pretty slow and if I stopped using it, I'm not sure how big of a difference it would make. I wash my face twice a day with Cetaphil Daily Cleanser for normal to oily skin and moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer, which says it's noncomedegic. On my nose with the huge pimple (by the way, it has no head and I'm not sure what to classify this as. It's already been a week and although it's gone down in redness, it's barely gone down in size. I had one just like this almost exactly a year ago and it took 3 months to go away - I don't want this to happen again!!) I use Acnefree Terminator 10, which is 10% benoxyl peroxide spot treatment. I've just added this step 2 days ago, so I'm not sure how effective it is yet.

If I started the regimen, I would still use the Cetaphil cleanser and probably switch to the Cetaphil lotion, only purchasing the BP from Dan's line, and maybe the AHA. However, has anybody with mild acne like mine done the regimine? What were your results? How logn did it take for you to get clear skin? (Sorry this is so long!!)

If you have mainly blackheads and whiteheads, going with 2% salicylic acid, ~10% glycolic acid, and/or a retinol treatment is best. All leave-on lotions, of course.

You can use BP for the occasional red zit.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:56 pm

If you only have one pimple then I think the Regimen might be overkill as you apply the products all over your face - unless you have other blemishes (blackheads or whiteheads on the rest of your face). Otherwise for only one pimple I think that a spot treatment is the way to go.