Notifications
Clear all

What To Do About Acne Scars/marks

MemberMember
(@ivan495)

Posted : 03/02/2014 1:46 pm

Hello everyone..

I started to use Dercome Clear [4% B:P], Sona cream and Erythromycin losion about 2 and a half weeks ago.

So I use BP 2x a day, Sona before bed, after BP, and Erythromycin at morning after BP. And I use moisturizer ofcourse..

At first week, my face was very red, itchy, very dry. Now after about two weeks of using it, situation calmed down. No more redness, burn, itch. But it didn't helped my acne too much. I guess this is normal because you only start to see improvements after about 4 weeks of using it. I only get some small whiteheads here and then, but nothing much..

Now here is my problem. I have red/dark red marks/scars on face and not much pimples. I Googled it a little and I found out BP makes red marks last even longer.

What should I do now? I still want to continue using BP treatment. Can I use lemon juice for red marks with this treatment? And how often?

Thanks!

And sorry for my bad english :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:50 pm

Hello everyone..

I started to use Dercome Clear [4% B:P], Sona cream and Erythromycin losion about 2 and a half weeks ago.

So I use BP 2x a day, Sona before bed, after BP, and Erythromycin at morning after BP. And I use moisturizer ofcourse..

At first week, my face was very red, itchy, very dry. Now after about two weeks of using it, situation calmed down. No more redness, burn, itch. But it didn't helped my acne too much. I guess this is normal because you only start to see improvements after about 4 weeks of using it. I only get some small whiteheads here and then, but nothing much..

Now here is my problem. I have red/dark red marks/scars on face and not much pimples. I Googled it a little and I found out BP makes red marks last even longer.

What should I do now? I still want to continue using BP treatment. Can I use lemon juice for red marks with this treatment? And how often?

Thanks!

And sorry for my bad english

Your English is fine. I've seen worse. 😛

BP can make red marks last longer in excessive amounts.

Do you have Aquaphor or some Vanicream moisturizer?

Lemon juice isn't a good idea, since some of the ingredients are phototoxic when oxidized and you don't know the % of glycolic acid in the juice. I'd just go with plain ol' glycolic acid. Low-dose, of course. Less than 10%. I would be careful introducing more ingredients/products, since you're using some potent stuff and your skin is already irritated.