Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin 0.025% Not Working!

MemberMember
(@silentnight94)

Posted : 03/02/2014 1:36 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums!

I've been using tretinoin 0.025% for about a month now, and I have not noticed any changes whatsoever. My skin has not dried, my acne has not gotten better or worse, and nothing has happened. I've been using the right amounts that my doctor told me to use, and putting it all over my cheeks (where most of my acne is), but I still see no effect. To be honest, what I have isn't actually acne, its more hyperpigmentation scarring, which may be why there is no effect? I don't know. What do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:25 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums!

I've been using tretinoin 0.025% for about a month now, and I have not noticed any changes whatsoever. My skin has not dried, my acne has not gotten better or worse, and nothing has happened. I've been using the right amounts that my doctor told me to use, and putting it all over my cheeks (where most of my acne is), but I still see no effect. To be honest, what I have isn't actually acne, its more hyperpigmentation scarring, which may be why there is no effect? I don't know. What do you guys think?

Tretinoin can help with hyperpigmentation, but 4% hydroquinone is better.

Retinoids take 6 months to really kick in.

I'd wait 2-3 months before switching up or adding anything new.

MemberMember
(@silentnight94)

Posted : 03/05/2014 11:25 am

But shouldn't I at least have SOME response? Its like I haven't even been using it at all. My skin is exactly the same.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/05/2014 5:19 pm

But shouldn't I at least have SOME response? Its like I haven't even been using it at all. My skin is exactly the same.

How bad you acne is, what the percentage of tretinoin is and how you ease into it are major factors into seeing a response. With tretinoin, you're supposed to start using it nightly every 2-3 nights for 2 weeks and work your way up from there.

So, it'll be about 2 to 2.5 months before you can apply it every night, provided you're not too dry or irritated.

MemberMember
(@silentnight94)

Posted : 03/05/2014 9:59 pm

I have been using it every night for the past month and 3 days. No response at all. Something is wrong I think.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/06/2014 12:45 am

I have been using it every night for the past month and 3 days. No response at all. Something is wrong I think.

If it isn't working within 2-3 months, I'd go back to the derm.

Are you using anything else?

MemberMember
(@silentnight94)

Posted : 03/06/2014 5:48 pm

No, I am not.