Notifications
Clear all

Neck Acne

MemberMember
(@saidin)

Posted : 03/02/2014 12:37 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been having a problem with acne since I was a child. I'm 22 years old now and the only acne that remains (aside from the occasional pop up) is on my neck. As a result, I have a lot of problems shaving. While I was in the Army I couldn't shave at night if I wanted to be hair free for the day. But now that I'm a civilian I shave at night so my neck isn't so irritated throughout the day. I have used a million types of razors, shaving cream, post shave, etc. I don't know if what is under my neck is considered acne, ingrown hairs or razor burn. However, I do know that if I go 2 weeks without shaving my face the bumps are still there. When I was 13-14 I used a product from a dermatologist called "Acutane"... horrible horrible year of my life. Though my acne cleared, my neck problem remained.Below is an image of my neck at noon today. The last time I shaved was last night around 10 PM, just for reference. Is there anything anyone here could recommend to me for treatment ? I have heard a lot of the name brand ones (Proactive) are good. I have never used anything like that before...The only part of my face that is oily is my nose so I use a facial wash while I'm in the shower. (which I have replaced 100 times with different products)

post-380242-0-20149200-1393781829.jpg

post-380242-0-20149200-1393781829.jpg

MemberMember
(@saidin)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:27 pm

Thanks for all the replies. Your help was invaluable to me.

MemberMember
(@biistii)

Posted : 03/07/2014 5:24 pm

Have you tried electric razors? I know that my friend said that after he switched to electric one, acne after shaving went away.

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 03/07/2014 11:36 pm

looks more like razor burn to me. I would switch to an electric razor. It will irritate your skin at first but I think it will help eliminate the bumps.