Notifications
Clear all

How Far Would You Go Just To Have Flawless Skin?

MemberMember
(@couldntthinkofausername)

Posted : 03/02/2014 12:00 pm

How far would you go, just for perfect skin?

Thought I'd make a thread just to see how far everyone would go to have completely clear skin, no acne, no scars, no hyper pigmentation, just 100% clear!

For example, if you had quite severe nodulocystic acne, would you choose to endure something like 5 years in jail just to come out with flawless skin for the rest of your life?

It's gonna be interesting to see what people will come up with, be as creative as you can!!

MemberMember
(@mattspencer)

Posted : 03/02/2014 6:57 pm

id genuinely give up my left hand if it meant having a lifetime of flawless skin

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 03/02/2014 7:09 pm

If someone approached me and in turn for my deed I would be granted with my original skibn again, there is not one thing I would not do to get it back. I would do anything!

MemberMember
(@fare-thee-well)

Posted : 03/02/2014 10:17 pm

I WILL KILL A MAN

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/04/2014 2:58 am

I would rather die a few years early than have flawless skin in my 20s.

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 03/07/2014 1:38 pm

I am honestly scared of the things I would do to obtain completely clear skin. To me, it's the equivalent to being the richest, most powerful person in the world...

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 03/07/2014 6:10 pm

If the devil offered to buy my soul for clear skin it wouldn't do it... Anything else I'd be up for though.

MemberMember
(@patienceisvirtue)

Posted : 03/07/2014 7:20 pm

If I knew that I would definately br able to clear up.... I would have PATIENCE!! OH GOD ... SOMETIMES i can be soo impatient that I wouldnt even last for a second

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/09/2014 11:05 pm

What I wouldn't give up: a family member, my intelligence, or any of my talents.

I'd give up: junk food for life.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/10/2014 2:42 am

What I wouldn't give up: a family member, my intelligence, or any of my talents.

How come you got acne in Africa. So much sunshine and natural stuff out there.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/10/2014 2:11 pm

African countries are industrialized as well if you didn't know. I have to take extra care to seek out organic vegetables and pasture raised meat. It is cheaper than in Western countries, but it does require some effort to obtain.

As for the sunshine: I do get to sunbathe a lot, that's for sure, but like anyone else with a desk job and an internet connection I don't spend my entire day in the sun.

There are a lot of people in Africa with acne. Just being here doesn't mean you won't get it! Personally, my acne is caused by hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance, possibly hypothyroidism, and perhaps magnesium malabsorption. Simply eating fresh, whole foods and sitting in the sun isn't enough - I have to be strategic about the foods I eat and the nutrients I take in to address the imbalance.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/10/2014 5:13 pm

I would give up cupcakes.

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 03/11/2014 10:03 am

I was actually thinking the same thing. All the Africans who come here, especially Nigerians, look like they bathe in milk and honey. They're all super smooth and one colour... :( no spots anywhere. They have skin like babies.

Guess I thought all Africans look like that. I used to think I should just eat what they all eat and my skin would clear up. But it didn't work.

MemberMember
(@fare-thee-well)

Posted : 03/11/2014 8:35 pm

Okay I wouldn't kill a man

To be honest i kinda like the fact that I have acne

^ Having acne has humbled me down, so that's a good thing for me!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/15/2014 9:33 pm

I would sell my soul to the devil, cut off my left arm, rip out my uterus, I could go on forever. I just want to be pretty and not have this hideous crap on my face for everyone to look at.

MemberMember
(@sunsetdream)

Posted : 03/15/2014 10:41 pm

I would give up wifi, the internet, tv/movies, my phone, ipod, my laptop, anything first world technology based because I am so dependent on that kind of stuff. I think that would be a good enough sacrifice to have clear skin since almost everyone uses those technologies everyday and even the thought of giving up some of those things gives people mini heart attacks lol i mean people cry over broken iphones and bad wifi connection

MemberMember
(@solis1)

Posted : 03/18/2014 5:58 pm

If I had the opportunity to have 100% clear skin in exchange for something, I would give up my first born son. Lol jk

Seriously though i I would give up junk food, xbox, cursing, or up to 20% percent of all my income for the rest of my life.

MemberMember
(@polyester-girl)

Posted : 03/18/2014 8:45 pm

Everyone would think I am a horrible person that deserves acne if they heard all I was willing to do. One of the people above me said "I'd give up my first born son... just kidding" but seriously, I think I actually would. Especially considering the fact that looking and feeling the way I do with my acne and scars, it will be near impossible to find a husband who wants to have a baby with me anyway. As the saying goes, "you can't love anyone until you love yourself."

I would definitely do everything that has already been mentioned, like lose my arm (preferrably my left arm) and give up technology. I actually came across a girl at uni in a wheelchair and at first I thought, she must have a hard life, but then I noticed she had the most beautiful face with perfect skin, and I would have given anything to trade places with her.

There is only one thing I can think of that I would not do even if it meant clear skin: being completely paralized from head down. Not much point having clear skin if you are just lying there like a vegetable and can't show it off, right?

MemberMember
(@ryanz)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:17 pm

interesting question and responses, i thought i would give up anything in the world for a clear skin but you know what, i'd rather give up the laziness and get my ass up and fight for it.

MemberMember
(@strangestranger)

Posted : 03/20/2014 5:06 pm

There's not a thing that I wouldn't do to have flawless skin really... It's so hard living like this... especially when you're sorounded by all of the perfect skined people. It's like we're in high school and I'm almost the only one with bad skin... It's depressing and I feel like I'm not good enough, and that everyone is better just because they have beautiful skin. I've tried everything and nothing seems to help, so maybe I should just give up and accept the fact that I'm worthless... :(

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 04/16/2014 1:59 pm

Well it depends, if it meant breaking out once or twice per month i wouldn't care that much.. if it meant breaking out every day with big papules or nodules without effective treatment, i would do almost anything.

MemberMember
(@handsomedead94)

Posted : 04/19/2014 1:53 am

I would literally only eat healthy food, exercise, and take care extra care of my body especially my face...

oh wait that is the cure for acne COME ON PEOPLE

no but really I think an accessory to a conveniance store robbery is probably the farthest I would go