Notifications
Clear all

Laser Resurfacing Consultation Fee

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 03/01/2014 8:49 pm

My local skin care clinic will charge a $225 fee just to talk to one of their cosmetic doctors about getting Fraxel. Is that normal?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/01/2014 8:53 pm

My local skin care clinic will charge a $225 fee just to talk to one of their cosmetic doctors about getting Fraxel. Is that normal?

Yep. It does vary, from $0 (depending on procedure) to $250.

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 03/01/2014 9:04 pm

That is ridiculously expensive. They also said the fee cannot be used towards the first treatment.

Does anyone have recommendations for Fraxel around Boston, MA?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/01/2014 9:25 pm

225 dollar fee and it doesnt go towards the treatment ? that is way too much and beside they only tell you the basic information you can find online its such a waste .... i had to pay 100 for consultation fee and i knew more then the dr just from researching online lol ..

MemberMember
(@nikolaos)

Posted : 03/01/2014 10:39 pm

That's insane.

I've been reading realself lately, and it seems that a lot of doctors who specialize in acne scar treatments agree that lasers are mostly a waste of money (unless your skin problems aren't serious), and you that you will only get significant improvement via injectible fillers and scar excision.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:02 am

Laser doesn't get rid of scars. Look into subcision with fat grafting.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:10 am

That is ridiculously expensive. They also said the fee cannot be used towards the first treatment.

Does anyone have recommendations for Fraxel around Boston, MA?

I'd expect fees in major cities to be more expensive.

Look here for local dermatologists and plastic surgeons: realself.com/find

That's insane.

I've been reading realself lately, and it seems that a lot of doctors who specialize in acne scar treatments agree that lasers are mostly a waste of money (unless your skin problems aren't serious), and you that you will only get significant improvement via injectible fillers and scar excision.

Yes, it does depend on the type of scars, how bad they are, what you want for down time, skin type, and whether you have active acne.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 03/02/2014 5:12 am

I'd look elsewhere... That is very high for just a consultation that will not be applied towards a procedure.