Notifications
Clear all

Dermapen - How Long To See Results?

MemberMember
(@dermhelpneeded)

Posted : 03/01/2014 4:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I got a Dermapen treatment done yesterday at noon for some rolling acne scars on my cheek. The aesthetician started with 0.5mm needles and she worked her way all the way up to 2.5mm needles throughout the procedure.

I understand that I will need a series of treatments to get optimal results, but how long will it take for me to start seeing results from the treatment I got yesterday?

Has anyone had Dermapen treatments and seen results? How long did it take?

Thank you!!!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/01/2014 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I got a Dermapen treatment done yesterday at noon for some rolling acne scars on my cheek. The aesthetician started with 0.5mm needles and she worked her way all the way up to 2.5mm needles throughout the procedure.

I understand that I will need a series of treatments to get optimal results, but how long will it take for me to start seeing results from the treatment I got yesterday?

Has anyone had Dermapen treatments and seen results? How long did it take?

Thank you!!!

Technically, you won't see (much) results from one treatment. Dermapen is done in sessions. It takes 6 months to a year to see results, give or take a few. That depends what other topicals you are using, like Vitamin C.

For one treatment, I'm guessing a few to several months--again, depending what other topicals you're using.

MemberMember
(@dermhelpneeded)

Posted : 03/02/2014 10:55 am

Thanks Michelle!! I really appreciate your help! Yes, I've signed up for a series of 4 treatments at a plastic surgeon's office in NYC. I'm very willing to undergo several Dermapen treatments if it ends up working!

Quick question for you -- where did you hear that it takes 6 months to a year to see results? Is this time frame based on your personal experience? Because I was told that you can start seeing results from a Dermapen treatment after about 4-6 weeks.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 03/02/2014 11:08 am

Thanks Michelle!! I really appreciate your help! Yes, I've signed up for a series of 4 treatments at a plastic surgeon's office in NYC. I'm very willing to undergo several Dermapen treatments if it ends up working!

Quick question for you -- where did you hear that it takes 6 months to a year to see results? Is this time frame based on your personal experience? Because I was told that you can start seeing results from a Dermapen treatment after about 4-6 weeks.

buddy for rolling you need subcision dermapen will help but you will get better results with subcision

MemberMember
(@dermhelpneeded)

Posted : 03/02/2014 11:15 am

Hey Zavvi! Thanks for your help! I actually spoke with two different dermatologists in NYC, and they both said that I am not a candidate for subcision because my scars are shallow. Neither dermatologist believes that my scars are tethered. One even said that subcision would cause MORE damage to my face than is already present from the acne scar -- she said she would "never" do subcision on me.

I had a third dermatologist say that he wouldn't inject silicone because the scars are not deep enough.

I'm really struggling because no dermatologist will perform anything on me, even though they all acknowledge that there is definitely minor scarring on my cheek!

Any advice would be appreciated! (P.S. I've also had microdermabrasions and light chemical peels, which did nothing to reduce my indentations.)

MemberMember
(@childoftheonetrueking)

Posted : 06/10/2014 12:37 pm

Hey everyone, first time posting.. im more of a silent observer/researcher!

I had Dermapen done in January this year, so around 5 months ago now. I started seeing results after the first month, but my skin is still changing. It goes through stages of looking much better, then worse as the shape changes of the scars.

This treatment has filled in many many of my scars, after just one treatment. I think she treated me with a 2.5 on the worst areas. I have acne scarring all over my face.

PROS: So, it definitely works. Really, it does. Or it did for me!

CONS: As the skin is rebuilding itself, I now have areas of lumpy skin instead of depressed skin... so in a way, this makes the skin look worse, but it proves the procedure works. SO I JUST WANT WARN YOU... You could develop an excess of skin as i have... giving a lumpy appearance. I somehow think this is still better than the dents. Another thing is that the collagen tends to build in creases, so it can make fine line or wrinkles more pronounced. Does that make sense?

I am using Dermatix silicone gel and sheets to smooth out the lumpy skin, and its slow to work, but it is slowly working.

I also bought single needles and dermastamps from an online shop relatively cheaply. They give great instructions, so Im working on the regions that are still depressed. This way I have control over where I stamp, rather than having a doctor stamp parts of my skin that doesnt need it and creating lumps.

Still far from the skin I want... And this used to make me really depressed. However, I have an amazing boyfriend who accepts me the way I am. And you know what guys, for all those really struggling with insecurities to do with their skin. Live everyday as if it was your last, dont waste time being insecure about your skin and letting that hinder you. You only have 1 life and you are only young once!

Keep fighting for good skin, but dont let the pursuit of it ruin everything else. I have done that before. peace xxxx

MemberMember
(@isa6)

Posted : 03/16/2015 9:27 pm

I used dermapen for ice pick scars. I started my dermapen Dec 2014. And noticed my skin appeared clearer in the first 2 weeks. After 2 months I felt like my scars were worse. My 2nd treatment was in February 2015 it's now mid March and I honestly feel like my skin is worse then when I initial started. I seem to have more holes and more noticeable scars and even hyperpigmentaion. My skin was clear no dicoloration before derma pen I also had a total of 5 ice pick scars on each cheek. I honestly feel worse about my skin.