Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
::DrEaMeR::

Help!! should i stop Accutane at current stage?

Hi guys,

I'm new member here n i have a few questions to ask.. hope u guys can provide me with some advices.. o ( ^ . < ) o

I'm actually suffering from mild acne problems.. but my doctor put me on a Accutane course.. i did try out Doxycycline, used Akne-mycin and Differin together with it previously n it worked.. my face was clear for a while.. but my acne came back again after sometime.. so my doc suggested Accutane since i kept suffering from relapses.

I'm currently in my 2nd month of taking Accutane n my face has already cleared up.. (it actually cleared up totally after my 1st month).. so my problem is...

Should i continue taking Accutane or can i just stop at my current stage?

I read about taking Accutane between 120-150mg/kg is recommended to reduce the risk of relapse.. but since my face has already cleared up, i wonder if i should continuing spending on such expensive treatment.

N btw, i also suffered from dry lips n lower backache problems too..

Thank guys... o ( ^ . < ) o

You answered your own question. In order to hopefully prevent the relapse, take the full course. If you're clear then all you will have to deal with is the side effects, which take a backseat to the pains of acne. Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks for all the advices.. ^________*

i was wondering if completing the whole course of accutane will really help me in remaining acne free for the rest of my life?.. if not, how long will i probably remain clear?..

Thanks for all the advices.. ^________*

i was wondering if completing the whole course of accutane will really help me in remaining acne free for the rest of my life?.. if not, how long will i probably remain clear?..

dreamer.....u must complete the ENTIRE course or else end up like me...im on ma 2nd course an its bin 7months an im still not totally cleared up.....i wus the unlucky 20% pool that relapsed.....accutane only worked for me for about 2 yrs.....but everyones different......i stopped midway cus it cleared me up so well....my mistake...an now im payin....jus finish your course till the very end...good luk