Notifications
Clear all

Obagi Blue Peel Or Tca Peel Safe For Asian Skin? Share Your Results And Experience

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/28/2014 10:47 am

hey folks thinking of doing a obagi peel or tca i have asian skin so intrested in anyone thats asian or anyone else thats tried them share you results if you had them

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/28/2014 1:10 pm

you need to ask your doctor. being asian with dark skin has a down side when it comes to peels

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/28/2014 1:46 pm

hey folks thinking of doing a obagi peel or tca i have asian skin so intrested in anyone thats asian or anyone else thats tried them share you results if you had them

The difference between a "regular" TCA and Obagi Blue Peel is that the latter is, well, blue.

Chemical peels are tricky to use with Asian skin. Many dermatologists won't let you go past 20% TCA, and often recommend just salicylic acid or glycolic acid.

You absolutely must consult a dermatologist before trying any chemical peel. Doing medium-strength chemical peels at home is already risky, but it's even riskier with Asian skin!

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/28/2014 1:53 pm

you need to ask your doctor. being asian with dark skin has a down side when it comes to peels

hey roberitoo i am not that dark probz Fitzpatrick type 4 i am going to mrs jonquilee chantery for a consultation she has quite a lot of experience so will see what she says i was just wandering in general

The difference between a "regular" TCA and Obagi Blue Peel is that the latter is, well, blue.

Chemical peels are tricky to use with Asian skin. Many dermatologists won't let you go past 20% TCA, and often recommend just salicylic acid or glycolic acid.

You absolutely must consult a dermatologist before trying any chemical peel. Doing medium-strength chemical peels at home is already risky, but it's even riskier with Asian skin!

dont worry i am going to see quite a experienced pro defo wont be risking doing it on myself ye i heard 20 percent is maximum for my skin

i think i may have to go on obagi nu derm as well to prep my skin

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/28/2014 2:26 pm

hey roberitoo i am not that dark probz Fitzpatrick type 4 i am going to mrs jonquilee chantery for a consultation she has quite a lot of experience so will see what she says i was just wandering in general

>

dont worry i am going to see quite a experienced pro defo wont be risking doing it on myself ye i heard 20 percent is maximum for my skin

i think i may have to go on obagi nu derm as well to prep my skin

It's even likelier that you'll have to prep with tretinoin and/or hydroquinone, depending on what conditions you want to treat.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/28/2014 4:31 pm

im a pale skin asian and i did tca peel 25% and it came out just fine o.o didnt even noticed it would be a problem lol

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/28/2014 4:40 pm

im a pale skin asian and i did tca peel 25% and it came out just fine o.o didnt even noticed it would be a problem lol

You might be the exception if you're really pale.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/28/2014 5:17 pm

i will keep everyone updated on my consultation i know theres a few people intrested in my dr as well

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/28/2014 6:00 pm

i will keep everyone updated on my consultation i know theres a few people intrested in my dr as well

wait you doing this with a dr ? i think you should order it on amazon and do it yourself its really easy so i wouldnt waste money doing it at the dr and save couple 100 up to you though

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/28/2014 6:35 pm

wait you doing this with a dr ? i think you should order it on amazon and do it yourself its really easy so i wouldnt waste money doing it at the dr and save couple 100 up to you though

Bad idea to DIY. One misapplication is all it takes for permanently scarred skin.

The best-case scenario for him at home is that the TCA peel was diluted/counterfeit/improperly formulated so that it doesn't effect his skin. Worst-case...infection and scarring.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/28/2014 9:39 pm

well i thought it was really easy

i did 2 layers no problem although your face feels itchy or iritated from the tca because its strong so maybe stand outside when waiting

wash my face

pat dry with towel

apply tca peel 25% to cottonball and evenly wipe it all over your face avoid eyes

wait 3-5 min then apply another layer wait 3-5min then wash it off with cold water for 20 seconds

then youre done

those were the steps i did lol