Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lavalamp

Accutane and BP??? help!

I just got put on accutane and I am on my sixth day and I have been putting Benzol peroxide on my skin to get some acne off before the accutane starts to kick in. It isnt over drying so is it ok to do this? I just want to make sure that combining them doesnt have any side effects or that they dont contradict each other.

Thanks for the help

Ive been on accutane for 2 weeks now, and have used BP once a day since I began the treatment. I am noticing that my skin is becoming a lot drier, and am just going to moisturize more often. Id also like to hear others' experirnces with accutane and BP.

It should be okay, just watch your skin. It won't turn unbearably dry overnight, it takes a few weeks. But I think using it at the beginning is no problem. Probably after awhile though it will become too uncomfortable because of the dryness.

I had no problems using BP 10% on my cheeks during accutane, my face still retained its normal colour

I used BP topical gel and BP cleanser for the first 7 days on accutane, the 7th day my skin felt too dried, much more than normal after washing with that same cleanser so I stopped using it...I like to think that using the BP at the beginning of accutane kept me away from the initial breakout...

so yeah, use it until you think its doing something bad, if your skin feels too dried, just stop using it and take tane on its own..

I think its ok to begin with, but dont over do it though. Accutane's strong enough as it is and your skin gets really really sensitive and fragile and BP's too strong for it. Trust me, i got a huge red kind of burn patch of dried skin on my cheek from using it a few days ago.. i dont use it now. accutane will do its thing, but i think to use it before it really starts kicking in should be ok.

Frankie

the point is that accutane takes a while to kick in, so we use a topical until the accutance kicks begin to work, and it really helps stop or lower the initial breakout.