Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nymets99

anyone experienceing this??

Hey guys I have this problem and I dont know if its all in my head or if its really just there so heres my problem

I am 16yrs old and I am really now, this year starting to grow out of acne I hardly have any acne anymore but the common now and then breakout like normal but my face is left with red marks and minor discoloration from acne over the last few months, years whatever and this is what im faced with everyday but heres the werid thing in some Mirrors my face looks very very very good and in other mirrors it looks terrible I dont know it may also be the lighting in different places but like my question is, is it all in my head does my face really look good or really bad I dont know I cant tell! does anyone else go through what I go through everyday??

Guest agentx

aint in ur head, its very common. its due to different lightin :]

Agent ] x [

One thing i've often wondered, and this probably sounds really stupid, but anyway... When i look in tinted windows on cars for example my scars look really bad, and i'm just wondering if someone was looking at me if they would see the scars looking as bad as they do in the reflection of the window or if the tint in the window actually makes the scars look worse then they would to a person looking at me? Hope that made sense...

OMG!!

I thought it was just me being super paranoid about that.. i cant tell how my skin looks.. i look in one mirror in my house and i nearly cry and in another im like, oh its not SO bad.. as soon as i get outside though i feel really exposed.

Damn lights and mirrors.. im gonna stay away from them all..i know what you mean by catching your refelction in car windows, shop windows etc and you think OMG...what DO i look like..

I think that what you think is never how people see it, its usually worse in yoru own eyes.. Im a huge critic.. never happy..although, its only right im like this at this moment but i wasnt when i had like two spots..OH how the tabels have turned!

it just helps my confindence quite a bit if i dont look into mirrors period...teaches me not to be so damn paranoid, and keeps my mind on other things...

lol...then of course i come here, and we all know how much THAT helps...

yeah.. i get real worked up when i go near mirror. I find im much more at ease when i havent looked in a mirror for a while.

I think im an acne.org addict, im not sure how healthy it is!!lol

I just don't look in mirrors in the bright daylight when I don't have makeup on, and I don't look in store mirrors period. They have these bright crap lights that shine down and amplify all your imperfections. Stupid lights.

I hate mirrors and haven't looked in one in ages. I'm not going to the salon to get my hair done until I'm finished with Accutane (those mirrors are hideous too!) Sometimes I feel like I'm in an episode of "The Swan" where all the mirrors are covered up until the final reveal (when my skin is finally clear again).