Notifications
Clear all

"you Are Not Allowed To Use That Image Extension On This Community."

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:46 pm

So, I try to edit or reply to someone's topic, and then this warning shows up. Problem is, I'm not using images, just typing. It tends to occur when I'm quoting someone, particularly if one of the messages has an emoticon.

Anyone else having this problem?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 02/24/2014 11:03 pm

Omg yes I did last night! I DID have pictures in my post though, so I just figured it was some "code" error or whatever..not very computer savvy. But even when I wasn't like editing the attached pictures and was just editing some of the text, it would say the same thing so I had to redo the entire post over. :/ I didn't quote anyone though, was just my own post.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/26/2014 7:33 pm

Update: I can only quote very few posters who used an emoticon.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/01/2014 7:52 am

It keeps happening to me even though there's no pictures involved :(

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/01/2014 10:16 am

Happened to me recently and I worked out the problem. It's the smileys/emoticons like you said. If you edit a post that contains a emoticon, it won't allow you to save the edit and you'll receive the error you described. The only temp fix that worked for me was to remove the emoticon, re-add it and then save it.

:) < here's your culprit!

*cough* Paul...

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:43 am

Happened to me recently and I worked out the problem. It's the smileys/emoticons like you said. If you edit a post that contains a emoticon, it won't allow you to save the edit and you'll receive the error you described. The only temp fix that worked for me was to remove the emoticon, re-add it and then save it.

< here's your culprit!

*cough* Paul...

Thanks! It worked--for now.

You liked