Notifications
Clear all

Here We Go Day 1 Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:26 pm

Just got home from derm. got my Accutane. starting me off at 40mg. he didn't want to give me a 2 month supply because my blood test came back a little weird so I have a appointment in a month to get more.

I will post every sunday until I am done Accutane for my own personal interest and for anyone else thinking or on Accutane.

Also if anyone that's on Accutane wants to add me on Skype and keep in contact throughout our experience feel free to send me a message with your Skype..

might make it a little easier if we have some people to talk to about our experience's and results.

come on Accutane kill this god damn acne!

day 1 boys and girls.

just want to throw it out there. I saw a girl today at the derm with the same maybe worst acne than me.

her eyes were so sad and even when I gave her a smile she instantly looked away with the most saaaaddd looking eyes. really killed me to see her.

anyone who has acne PLEASE keep your head up, things are going to get better.

smile and love!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:27 pm

Just got home from derm. got my Accutane. starting me off at 40mg. he didn't want to give me a 2 month supply because my blood test came back a little weird so I have a appointment in a month to get more.

I will post every sunday until I am done Accutane for my own personal interest and for anyone else thinking or on Accutane.

Also if anyone that's on Accutane wants to add me on Skype and keep in contact throughout our experience feel free to send me a message with your Skype..

might make it a little easier if we have some people to talk to about our experience's and results.

come on Accutane kill this god damn acne!

day 1 boys and girls.

Good luck! :)

Hope you're prepared for the impending dryness!

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:34 pm

I have a full bottle of acne.org moisturizer lets hope it does the trick

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:40 pm

Do you have Vaseline or Aquaphor? Be a good idea to keep it around, especially for your lips*. Also, slather on the sunscreen!

*Some people get lips so dry it starts bleeding. The dryness on lips is one of the worst and most common problems.

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:43 pm

oh I got a 16oz tube of aquaphor on its way from ebay. im not messing around!

and for sun, I must admit I work outside and im kinda worried about this. but I have darker skin I never burn from the sun so we shall see what happens once the summer arrives.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:52 pm

oh I got a 16oz tube of aquaphor on its way from ebay. im not messing around!

and for sun, I must admit I work outside and im kinda worried about this. but I have darker skin I never burn from the sun so we shall see what happens once the summer arrives.

Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun on Accutane! Use SPF 30+ for the face! I've heard that people get really nasty burning sensations if they're not sun protected when on Accutane.

Get sun protective clothing, too! The stuff with UPF. It's much better than trying to apply sunscreen all over the back and body.

MemberMember
(@blissfulblue)

Posted : 02/26/2014 1:57 am

Good luck! I hope it all goes well for you ! I start accutane next week, and I am in the sun a lot too. I am pretty worried about that part because I know that it'll be a lot easier for me to burn. Except I have very fair skin, I think you should be mostly okay since your skin is darker.

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 03/02/2014 9:48 pm

1week down.

started to get dry lips around 4 days in...

today flakey skin.

little break out. 1 cyst in hairline that's massive and 1 under jaw. feel more pimples coming in.

went out drinking 2 times this week which I shouldn't of done with Accutane but o well im going to go enjoy myself. ive never let my acne hold me back from social events and having a good time so im not gunna let this drug do the same.

overall. meh. its working.

I wasn't going to put this in but you know what this is real life and if I can help someone else with this info its worth looking like a idiot.

on Thursday when I was drinking I did some cocaine. when I woke up in the morning I had a sharp pain in my side I think where the liver is. so any mdma cocaine any of that shit I think is a big no no. this is just my personal experience but ay ill throw it out there

MemberMember
(@philopower)

Posted : 03/03/2014 12:42 am

1week down.

started to get dry lips around 4 days in...

today flakey skin.

little break out. 1 cyst in hairline that's massive and 1 under jaw. feel more pimples coming in.

went out drinking 2 times this week which I shouldn't of done with Accutane but o well im going to go enjoy myself. ive never let my acne hold me back from social events and having a good time so im not gunna let this drug do the same.

overall. meh. its working.

I wasn't going to put this in but you know what this is real life and if I can help someone else with this info its worth looking like a idiot.

on Thursday when I was drinking I did some cocaine. when I woke up in the morning I had a sharp pain in my side I think where the liver is. so any mdma cocaine any of that shit I think is a big no no. this is just my personal experience but ay ill throw it out there

It's your life bro but cocaine+drinking while on accutane doesn't sound like a good mix. Granted, I'm not a doctor, but you should be trying to live as healthy as possible.

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 03/03/2014 12:44 am

yeah its cut out of the diet for 6 months.

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 03/05/2014 5:22 pm

week plus 3 days.

little update...

little break out around jaw line and mouth area. not too insane.

lips a lot more dry now.

skin not too bad as for dryness goes...

redness from previous acne marks has gone down a tiny bit notmuch.

overall meh.

for everyone on Accutane or acne. like always, keep your head up soljas

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 03/09/2014 11:34 pm

week 2 done.

from Wednesday to today been getting bad breakouts. must be the "ib"

lots on cheek and maaasssiivvvee cyst on chin.

im lookin real sexy ;)

anyways I guess this is part of the process.

hopfully next week I have better progess! we shall see I guess.

Keep your head up soljas!

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 03/10/2014 1:30 pm

day 15

only updating because I am seeing another side effect now.

my right shoulder blade on my back is quite stiff and sore today.

im going to stick with weekly updates but if something happens significant I will update that day...or atleast try.

MemberMember
(@blissfulblue)

Posted : 03/11/2014 10:13 am

day 15

only updating because I am seeing another side effect now.

my right shoulder blade on my back is quite stiff and sore today.

im going to stick with weekly updates but if something happens significant I will update that day...or atleast try.

Do you go to the gym? I lift a lot so I think that I might start getting some big joint pains here soon.

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 03/11/2014 10:25 am

no just in home stuff.

I do 100-200 push ups a day...so I mean that would cause the shoulder blade to act out. but never have been a problem. its not severe and its gone now. not a big deal really.

however getting more breakouts each day. so not fun with that.

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 03/16/2014 11:06 am

week 3 down. damn that flew by.

ok so week 3 down....I didn't pop a pill yesterday because I don't have a appointment to my derm until april 3 and I started febuary 28th. so ill have 10 days without any pills or I can do every other day pop a pill...which is what im doing.

this week sucked...lots of lots of breakouts ...mostly they are all gone now from me popping em but of course now I have a shit ton of red marks. yay

lips on certain days will be dryer than others it seems. face a is dry as shit now. lot dryer than last week....little bit of a sore back ...I wouldn't say sore just "stiff"

other than that no other side effects.

I have been drinking on Accutane do we will see how the test results come back.

anyways I feel next couple weeks im going to see some big time improvments...my skin is so dry how cant I? lol

keep your head up guys.

have a good week.

MemberMember
(@xlufcx)

Posted : 03/16/2014 11:47 am

Add me on Skype man : [Removed personal information]

MemberMember
(@greggg)

Posted : 04/22/2014 5:57 pm

hey guys. been a long while. I haven't posted much due to the fact a month ago 3 of my good buddies died in a car crash...I was suppose to be with them that night but had work...

ive spent some time thinking and finally have a clear head again. went to a dark place though. anyways I remembered this site.

I have been still taking Accutane this whole time.

side effects,

very painful at time dry lips

sore lower back.

rash all over back of hands.

depression? I don't know due to the circumstances I don't think Accutane is the cause of this

results,

so so. still red indent marks on my fact but seems like most of the active zits are gone.

ill continue to keep you posted

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 04/22/2014 6:11 pm

hey guys. been a long while. I haven't posted much due to the fact a month ago 3 of my good buddies died in a car crash...I was suppose to be with them that night but had work...

ive spent some time thinking and finally have a clear head again. went to a dark place though. anyways I remembered this site.

I have been still taking Accutane this whole time.

side effects,

very painful at time dry lips

sore lower back.

rash all over back of hands.

depression? I don't know due to the circumstances I don't think Accutane is the cause of this

results,

so so. still red indent marks on my fact but seems like most of the active zits are gone.

ill continue to keep you posted

Shit man, sorry to hear about your friends.