Notifications
Clear all

Need Basic Non Irritating Regime - People With Knowledge Plz

MemberMember
(@killakne)

Posted : 02/24/2014 4:43 pm

Hello, I'm looking for a basic non irritating regime. I'm not looking for miracles any more. But I want a regime that doesn't irritate my skin, that moisturizes my skin and that keeps skin healthy and in the right ph-balance.

Can anyone who have real knowledge about the human skin give me a perfect regime that just clean, moiturizes and keep my skin healthy? I'm not looking for anything rough or any risky chances to clear me. Just plain simple. I know theres a lot in here that know more about the skin and the science behind it please share.

Looking for a soap and a moiturizer preferable all natural. If you thing a toner would do any good tell me. I havent tried any good yet.

Right now I'm going with sulphur soap and argan oil. But it could be better. Sulphur dries skin and not making less acne so whats the point?

I think soap and moiturizer thats natural and give natural ph-value are best. please share

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/24/2014 4:48 pm

i am also looking for the same thing as you...what have u tried? i tried dans cleanser and cetaphil gentle cleanser but both are too drying/irritating...so i decided to buy ph test strips and test all my products at home to see what the ph levels are...ud be surprised...the bar clanser dan recommends which is called basis for sensitive skin turned blue when i tested it...which means its high on the ph scale...a 9!! is there any way you can test out products like i did till you find the rite one...thats what im doing...i must have tested over 20 products already!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/24/2014 4:52 pm

If you would like expert advice an skin care products there is a website called www.paulaschoice.com that has great reviews of a wide range of products. I have used the reviews often when I am looking for non irritating cleansers, moisturizers and even make up.. The reviews are really fair and pretty thorough. There are also recommendations for skin care routines depending on your skin type etc.

Jut to clarify I am not connected to the website in any way whatsoever I just use it for good advice. People on this forum are great and try to be very helpful but there are a lot of differing opinions and it can be hard to figure out what is good advice and what is not.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@killakne)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:03 pm

Paulaschoice are filled with chemicals. I looking for a natural all life regime. Something healthy. Can someone recommend a soap that will balance ph level in skin and same with moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:04 pm

Hello, I'm looking for a basic non irritating regime. I'm not looking for miracles any more. But I want a regime that doesn't irritate my skin, that moisturizes my skin and that keeps skin healthy and in the right ph-balance.

Can anyone who have real knowledge about the human skin give me a perfect regime that just clean, moiturizes and keep my skin healthy? I'm not looking for anything rough or any risky chances to clear me. Just plain simple. I know theres a lot in here that know more about the skin and the science behind it please share.

Looking for a soap and a moiturizer preferable all natural. If you thing a toner would do any good tell me. I havent tried any good yet.

Right now I'm going with sulphur soap and argan oil. But it could be better. Sulphur dries skin and not making less acne so whats the point?

I think soap and moiturizer thats natural and give natural ph-value are best. please share

CeraVe has a few gentle cleansers. Aveeno is another brand, and I prefer the bar cleanser the most. Vanicream is another brand I like.

These brands also have a few gentle moisturizers. Vanicream's are basic and bland, CeraVe has niacinamide and ceramides, and Aveeno typically features colloidal oatmeal.

MemberMember
(@killakne)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:10 pm

I've tried CeraVe. Its okay, but still not natural.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:22 pm

I've tried CeraVe. Its okay, but still not natural.

Have you used Aveeno?

MemberMember
(@killakne)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:29 pm

thanks ill look into it. aveenoo has good response on amazon so maybe something to try

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:48 pm

Aveeno products made my daughter break out more. If you have sensitive skin they have ingredients that can cause your skin to become irritated.

And just to clarify I was not suggesting you use Paula's choice products but she has a website (beautypedia) that reviews products of ALL brands including all natural products so it is a good resource.

fyi Aveeno contains chemicals if you read the label.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 6:05 pm

thanks ill look into it. aveenoo has good response on amazon so maybe something to try

Aveeno products made my daughter break out more. If you have sensitive skin they have ingredients that can cause your skin to become irritated.

And just to clarify I was not suggesting you use Paula's choice products but she has a website (beautypedia) that reviews products of ALL brands including all natural products so it is a good resource.

fyi Aveeno contains chemicals if you read the label.

Well, technically everything has "chemicals" in it, including the natural stuff.

The colloidal oatmeal line is probably the most gentle. They have a few other plant extracts like ylang ylang that can be irritating.

BeautyPedia is fairly accurate--probably the biggest inaccuracy is that "ethanol/alcohol causes free radicals/is pro-aging" notion.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:44 pm

aveeno didn't work for me because of an oat intolerance (even natural shit you gotta watch out for) CeraVe has been my best bud for years.

MemberMember
(@laurapalmer)

Posted : 02/26/2014 6:42 pm

If you're looking for natural, try some lush products.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/26/2014 6:44 pm

aveeno didn't work for me because of an oat intolerance (even natural shit you gotta watch out for) CeraVe has been my best bud for years.

Oh, no! Irritation to oatmeal is very rare, but still possible.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/27/2014 12:04 am

Lately I've been liking Sage Facial Shampoo and Aloe as a moisturizer.