Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid Pads

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 02/24/2014 2:45 pm

Just wondering for anyone who uses SA pads, how many times a day do you use them and what strength (.05% 2% etc). Thanks.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/24/2014 5:19 pm

I use pads with salicylic and glycolic acid at the strongest which I think is at 10%. I actually love the way these work, I was using them twice a day and now I only use it once a day in the evening. They exfoliate very well for me and leave my skin with a polished look but you have to be careful or it will over dry the skin.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 6:09 pm

Just wondering for anyone who uses SA pads, how many times a day do you use them and what strength (.05% 2% etc). Thanks.

Used to use 2% salicylic acid pads, until I wanted to have smoother skin.

The problem with pads is that they can be sticky. If you don't care about how your face feels, salicylic acid pads would be fine for you. Pads may even be better than regular lotions, as most pads contain penetration enhancers like ethanol.

2% salicylic acid is pretty weak, and I personally wouldn't go any lower than that. There are a few pads you can find with 2% to 10% glycolic acid in them.

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 03/08/2014 9:37 pm

I use SA pads in the morning at a 2% strength.

The problem with pads is that they can be sticky. If you don't care about how your face feels, salicylic acid pads would be fine for you. Pads may even be better than regular lotions, as most pads contain penetration enhancers like ethanol.

2% salicylic acid is pretty weak, and I personally wouldn't go any lower than that. There are a few pads you can find with 2% to 10% glycolic acid in them.

2% salicylic acid is actually a perfect concentration, any higher and it would be considered a peel.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/09/2014 3:57 pm

I use SA pads in the morning at a 2% strength.

>

2% salicylic acid is actually a perfect concentration, any higher and it would be considered a peel.

20% to 30% salicylic acid for the face is considered a peel. Concentrations of up to 10% have been used for leave-on lotions for acne. It's quite rare nowadays, though. 2% is the legal limit for acne drug OTC.