Notifications
Clear all

Big Mouth Family

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/23/2014 9:00 pm

like i know i have these acne scars and it makes me self conscious but the thing i hate the most is when they tell like everyone in the family like cousins and stuff that it makes me self conscious and stuff like that like man you dont need to have a big mouth and let everyone know my problems and always talk badly about me to others when i did like nothing to them ? pisses me off so bad thats why i choose to avoid them even though there family until they learn there lesson

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/23/2014 10:29 pm

let them know in private that you'd rather not discuss things beyond the immeadiate family...you can try that

and for the most part people do try to be helpful, especially family....but sometimes it backfires!

MemberMember
(@fare-thee-well)

Posted : 02/24/2014 12:22 am

let them know in private that you'd rather not discuss things beyond the immeadiate family...you can try that

and for the most part people do try to be helpful, especially family....but sometimes it backfires!

Completely agree on the family part and when it backfires

Yeah leadingforce i know the feeling, just pull them to a separate room and tell them :0

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/24/2014 10:45 am

funny thing is i tell them everytime and they just like dont understand thats why its so annoying

MemberMember
(@clearskinavenger)

Posted : 02/24/2014 6:53 pm

This is so my mom having a brown south asain family my momcant keep her mouth closed she often tells her friends and anyone she knows for a while it's such s let down she often would say 'do you know anything my son can do for his spots' to everyone grr you're not alone :'(

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/25/2014 10:34 am

This is so my mom having a brown south asain family my momcant keep her mouth closed she often tells her friends and anyone she knows for a while it's such s let down she often would say 'do you know anything my son can do for his spots' to everyone grr you're not alone :'(

exactly how i feel

MemberMember
(@creativedisplayname)

Posted : 02/26/2014 12:02 am

yeah , hipanic family right here. When they're insensitive, I just think "well, I don't get to choose family" which I haven't really have had issues with family members and my acne, I mean they've talked about it, not rudely, in front of meat times which I don't really care much anymore, It was embarrassing at first but then I learned to brush it off. Only have had a problem with one cousin who I don't really talk to much bc he is a jerk, and always has been and I just hate those people. I'm not close to my extended family though,I hate family vacations and avoid people as much when I can at times just to not deal with them, and It may sound messed up but I don't care about being close to certain family members so that's why I just avoid them. I would say just ignore them or like someone said talk to them privately or kindly excuse yourself if it bothers you a lot