Notifications
Clear all

Do I Have Rosacea?

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 02/22/2014 1:39 pm

I used to have perfect skin. I've posted a detailed story of my current battle with acne, in other forums, if you want to check it out.

Basically, two months ago, while on Ziana, after I started taking digestive enzymes and probiotics, and two months after I stopped taking spirolactone, I started breaking out worse then ever. I can't figure out the cause.

I HAVE NEVER broken out like this before. Tiny tiny tiny little white heads around my nose. And a rash across my forehead. The rash comes and goes but the white heads on and around the sides of my nose are persistent. I tried to get a pic, but most of the white heads are just so tiny.

History of red face: I've always had a punk skin tone. About two years ago, when my skin started being weird, I started getting red flushing once in a while. Rosacea? Or just inflammation?

I've always had a *pink skin tone. Sorry for the typo.

I've also had oily skin pretty bad since last April. Every once in a while, I'll have a day or two of balanced skin.

post-356741-0-34798000-1393093512_thumb.

post-356741-0-99837800-1393093528_thumb.

post-356741-0-14754000-1393093541_thumb.

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 02/22/2014 4:44 pm

someone please help /: I wish I could provide better pics. I'm sick of my face constantly feeling greasy. I don't know what would cause a bunch of tiny little white heads around my nose. The pics don't show them. I think you can see two in the picture.. but in the crease of my nose there is like 3 on each side. Also, tiny tiny white heads on my cheeks nearby.

I eat healthy. I run every day. I feel like i'm doing everything right. But I just cant' figure it out.

/:

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 02/22/2014 5:20 pm

here are some better pictures

Still cant see all the white heads. I'd just like to have my pretty skin back....

post-356741-0-22990100-1393106054.png

post-356741-0-89868500-1393106218.png

Heres an example of what My face looked like before it went haywire a couple months ago. my biggest problem then, was oil and redness... which you can't really see much of in this pic. I wish I could go back to this lovely skin... ): Or better yet, my balanced skin from back before all this happened.. two years ago.

post-356741-0-82084300-1393107333.png

I forgot to mention I stopped using Ziana a couple of weeks ago. I thought it would help with redness. No success

MemberMember
(@pdl)

Posted : 02/22/2014 5:25 pm

What is your diet like? Do you consume a lot of sugar?

Might not be roasacea but instead a reaction to certain types of food or something else. What products do you use on your face?

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 02/22/2014 7:45 pm

What is your diet like? Do you consume a lot of sugar?

Might not be roasacea but instead a reaction to certain types of food or something else. What products do you use on your face?

I eat a pretty healthy I think... I wake up and eat either oatmeal or gluten free cereal. They both have 8grams of sugar. I also eat two eggs. Some days a half a grapefruit. I'll snack on almonds or flax seed corn chips. Then for lunch I'll have a spinach salad with almonds and sunflower seeds. No dressing. Sometimes an avocado salad instead. Then in the afternoon I usually snack in corn chips or rice cakes. Dinner will be chicken turkey or pork with a green veggie like broccoli. And brown rice.,.. Every few days I slip up and eat something bad like cookies or potato chips.

I started trying to improve my diet when I started the enzymes two months ago. But for some reason I was constantly bloated while taking them. I thought I had candida or something. Idk /:

I kind of gave up. I stopped using anything besides water on my face 4 days ago. My face actually wasn't oily for the first 2 days. Then bam!! Back to oily. And I started breaking out again. No worse then before. Besides a cystic in the crease of my nose.

Thank you for your reply(:

MemberMember
(@scenicview)

Posted : 02/22/2014 8:44 pm

If it's any consolation, I was expecting to see a much worse skin condition from how you spoke about it. I don't know your situation, but ideally you'd need a doctor to diagnose if it is rosacea.

Here's a few bits of advice if it is rosacea ( that you probably won't hear from a dermatologist).

- Check out a dedicated rosacea forum.

- There are numerous stories of people getting their cysts/pimples of rosacea under control using topical treatment, such as Tea Tree Oil (TTO). This is used to kill the demodex skin mite. It's gross to think about.

- Examine your diet for high histamine containing / releasing foods and exclude.

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 02/23/2014 4:49 pm

thanks for the responses everyone! It means a lot! (:

I'm not sure if I have rosacea or what... I guess I should see another dermatologist. i've been avoiding that because they don't seem to want to find the root cause, but just mask the problem. They have put me on everything the last two years. lol. doxy. spiro. ziana. klarons. birth control. retinA. The only thing that truely worked was a combo of spiro. and doxy... but I'm not sure which one was helping. My skin was amazing while on those two, plus I only washed my face once a day with proactive.... but last April-ish, my skin started getting weird. I had oily skin, dry under eyes, circles. I stopped doxy in june and eventually stopped spiro a couple months ago... I've tried changing my diet. I've done cleanses. I was never incredibly strict but pretty good with them. I know I do have a digestive problem of some sort. Not sure what. anyhow....

I have came to this: I give up. I'm just not washing my face anymore. Besides water. And today, I ate candy

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/23/2014 10:01 pm

I used to have perfect skin. I've posted a detailed story of my current battle with acne, in other forums, if you want to check it out.

Basically, two months ago, while on Ziana, after I started taking digestive enzymes and probiotics, and two months after I stopped taking spirolactone, I started breaking out worse then ever. I can't figure out the cause.

I HAVE NEVER broken out like this before. Tiny tiny tiny little white heads around my nose. And a rash across my forehead. The rash comes and goes but the white heads on and around the sides of my nose are persistent. I tried to get a pic, but most of the white heads are just so tiny.

History of red face: I've always had a punk skin tone. About two years ago, when my skin started being weird, I started getting red flushing once in a while. Rosacea? Or just inflammation?

I've always had a *pink skin tone. Sorry for the typo.

I've also had oily skin pretty bad since last April. Every once in a while, I'll have a day or two of balanced skin.

You could have a mild case of rosacea or seborrhoeic dermatitis. Whatever it is, get it checked out by a derm!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:33 pm

If you do its verrry mild. :)

Stay away from hot(water, drinks) take a tepid shower ( i know it kind of sounds sucky) but you get used to it after a while.

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 03/04/2014 5:18 pm

Hey, I don't think you have rosacea, but I'm only basing that on my experience. Have you been using a lot of harsh products on your skin? About a year ago I was getting more breakouts than usual and I started being really harsh on my skin and it went nuts, dry and oily at the same time, redness...everywhere. same sort of rash you describe on your forehead, I was convinced I had rosacea or dermatitis or both I was going crazy trying to find out. I went to the dermatologist and he said acne..and I started on a regimen of birth control and differin, while using the differin I made sure the rest of my routine was gentle. It took about six months for me to feel comfortable in my skin again and it has just got better from there. I think you need you need to find a topical treatment for your acne but use it along with a gentle skincare regimen, no harsh cleansers and make sure to use a light but nourishing moisturiser and the best advice I think I could give would be to stick with it for at least 3 months to see if things settle down. Birth control can also help if it is the right kind. I find drinking a lot of water and cutting out too much sugar can help too but it is really just complimentary to your skincare routine. I know what it feels like to have your skin sudenly change but it will get better you just need to find good products for acne/sensitive skin and stick with them..and honestly my skin was worse than yours...your skin really doesn't look bad at all but I understand how you feel xx

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 03/20/2014 1:46 am

So I stopped caring... Or at least tried too. I ate whatever I wanted. for four whole weeks. No change in my skin. Didn't get better or worse. Still had persistent clogged pores on the sides of my eyebrows. And above my lip. But nothing got worse. I saw a new dermatologist. She just wanted to prescribe me something else. Epoduo or something. She also recommended washing with bp. Same stuff different doc. I didn't try the epoduo stuff. However, I did start cleanings with bp three weeks ago. No improvement on the clogged pores. It didn't get worse either.

Then BAM!!!!! What on earth is going on?! 3 nights ago I wake up with two cystics. One On chin and one besides eyebrow. Next day I wake up to another on my chin... Then two more sprout up throughout the day. And I also have little whiteheads. It's itchy and painfully all at the same time... Plus I have acne all over my chest. Like white heads all over and even a couple infected ones?!! I've never had chest acne.

Sounds like hormonal acne... But I've never experienced it like this before. It's like it's spreading or something. And those clogged pores by my eye brows will not respond to any treatment and one by one they get infected then they go back into hibernation. It's so strange.

I was thinking... Fungal folliculitis or hormones.. What do you guys think?

These pics don't do it justice. I have four cystics and a couple infected white head things... All on my chin.. Plus cystic on side of eye brow and I feel one coming in above that eyebrow too....

Help please!!!

post-356741-0-00983200-1395296784_thumb.

post-356741-0-37940300-1395296800_thumb.

MemberMember
(@david-lortscher)

Posted : 03/21/2014 6:51 pm

I think the acne is just reappearing after the effects of the spironolactone wore off. Are you able to go back on it?

The redness and very small white areas in the creases of the nose look like seborrheic dermatitis. I would try clotrimazole mixed with hydrocortisone every night (only on the creases of the nose).

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 05/17/2014 3:10 pm

I think the acne is just reappearing after the effects of the spironolactone wore off. Are you able to go back on it?

The redness and very small white areas in the creases of the nose look like seborrheic dermatitis. I would try clotrimazole mixed with hydrocortisone every night (only on the creases of the nose).

What is clotrimazole?

MemberMember
(@david-lortscher)

Posted : 05/17/2014 4:30 pm

Clotrimazole is a non-prescription anti-fungal cream. It tends to be safe and effective at treating seborrheic dermatitis - which is the red rough skin in the creases of the nose.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/23/2014 8:37 am

totally looks like hormonal acne to me. i would get back on the spiro with a good antibiotic (something different than the doxy) and use a toner with AHA daily to help your skin. i know its hard i went through the hormonal acne crap for years and years and for me spiro is the only thing that really helped it long term.

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 05/23/2014 10:07 pm

totally looks like hormonal acne to me. i would get back on the spiro with a good antibiotic (something different than the doxy) and use a toner with AHA daily to help your skin. i know its hard i went through the hormonal acne crap for years and years and for me spiro is the only thing that really helped it long term.

Thanks for your reply (:

I ordered a saliva hormone test, to be certain, but I think I finally except it. I have hormonal acne. I just wish I didn't have to rely on spiro. I've read horror stories about coming off of it. Well, I've lived that horror story I guess. lol.

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 06/02/2014 9:43 pm

The pics from your earlier post contain a lot of similarities to my face. It's like there is clear skin right under the redness you just can't get the redness to go away. Do you notice if when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, most of the redness is gone? That's usually the case for me but it comes back during the day.

This has led me to believe that it is caused by some kind of internal problem like a yeast or inability to properly digest food.

Something I use that helps a lot and is anti-fungal is RAW, UNREFINED coconut oil. Just a little bit on the tip of your finger and spread/press it gently across your face.

Also mix cinnamon powder and RAW, UNREFINED honey into a paste a put it over the large pimples overnight to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria.

Comment back and I will share more with you because your face looks really similar to mine...I also have oily skin and clogged pores along with seborrheic dermatitis and undiagnosed rosacea

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 06/13/2014 8:36 pm

YES!!!! I wake up and my face is not red about 99.9 percent of the time. However, after being awake for an hour or (if I'm lucky) two, my face gets red again. I feel it also gets worse as the day goes on.

The pics from your earlier post contain a lot of similarities to my face. It's like there is clear skin right under the redness you just can't get the redness to go away. Do you notice if when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, most of the redness is gone? That's usually the case for me but it comes back during the day.

This has led me to believe that it is caused by some kind of internal problem like a yeast or inability to properly digest food.

Something I use that helps a lot and is anti-fungal is RAW, UNREFINED coconut oil. Just a little bit on the tip of your finger and spread/press it gently across your face.

Also mix cinnamon powder and RAW, UNREFINED honey into a paste a put it over the large pimples overnight to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria.

Comment back and I will share more with you because your face looks really similar to mine...I also have oily skin and clogged pores along with seborrheic dermatitis and undiagnosed rosacea

MemberMember
(@winterblues)

Posted : 10/16/2014 3:16 pm

Hi! I know this is an old thread but just wondered if you have any updates? your skin is very like mine and I can't work out if it's rosacea, a reaction to something, or just that my skin is really sensitive!